POSITION PURPOSE -
This position will provide Performance Testing and Analysis leadership for multiple projects to support an exciting and growing business. The Online IT QA Lead will oversee and direct several teams of associates and consultants in the planning, execution and coordination of Performance Testing functions for major releases to support Home Depot' s existing and new software applications and hardware platforms. The lead will work closely with business analysts, internal matrix QA teams, developers, architects, business partners, vendors and consulting partners to design, develop, and execute performance test scenarios. The candidate will provide recommendations to management on process improvements, management of issues and risk mitigation.
We are seeking world-class talent to join the world'™s largest home improvement retailer operating more than 2,200 store locations in the U.S, Canada and Mexico. Specifically, you'll play a key role at homedepot.com and be part of the team driving one of the largest multi-channel retail initiatives including consumer mobile devices, kiosks and other new emerging technology. Working with a highly talented technology team, you'll play a leadership role to build and provide a world-class customer experience.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES -
Review and analyze complex master test plans and related documents, test cases, test schedules & test scripts from Sr. Analysts.
Identify and track defects, issues, risks, and action items for the team.
Review regression testing to validate the resolution of any software, infrastructure or system defects from the Sr. Analysts.
Provide expert technical direction to analysts, associates and contractors.
Interface with business subject matter experts to understand the business process, metrics and language in order to comprehensively support and understand business rules that drive testing scenarios. Conduct research on business subject areas to develop test objectives and conditions to ensure test plans and related documents properly address business needs.
NATURE AND SCOPE -
Tyipcally reports to Manager, Information Technology
No associates report to this role on a permanent basis, but requires the technical leadership of a project work team: may select team members and assess capabilities, provide technical training, provide information necessary to meet work, project or program objectives, evaluate program or project performance.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS -
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS -
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must pass the Drug Test.
Must successfully complete any required training or orientation courses.
EDUCATION REQUIRED -
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a high school diplomas and/or GED.
YEARS OF RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE - 5
PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS -
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS -
Expert level knowledge of best practices for website page load performance from the browser all the way to the SAN disks backing the database server
- Strong communication and presentation skills. Should be comfortable communicating performance strategy and issues to senior leadership, non-technical business partners, and influencing cross-functional teams.
- Must possess a broad range of technical knowledge ranging from internet protocols, web technologies (http, jsp, ajax, html, dom, css, content management, caching), web and application platforms (ie websphere, .net, jboss, ATG), search and navigation, relational databases and SQL, operating systems, and web hosting. Anyone of these areas may contain a bottleneck, and this person must be capable of and is responsible for identifying the bottlenecks before they become a problem and working with the appropriate teams to remediate.
- Experience conducting large scale systems capacity planning
- Experience with industry standard website performance monitoring tools such as Gomez and Keynote.
- Experience with web analytics tools such as Omniture, Core Metrics, etc.
- Experience with performance testing tools, especially HP Performance Center and Load runner.
- Understanding of relational database theory and SQL, particularly with respect to performance and contention hotspots in a high volume, OLTP environment.
- Tuning experience in a j2ee or .net environment. Knowledge of page caching strategies essential.
- Experience with content delivery and edge caching services and technologies such as Akamai or squid.
- Websphere Commerce Server and Endeca experience is a big plus.
- 5+ years of Web Operations Experience
- BS Computer Science or related field
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND COMPETENCIES -
Expert knowledge of quality assurance methodologies.
Good working knowledge of the Mercury Interactive Product Suite.
Ensure highest quality through use of QA processes & procedures.
The ability to successfully, professionally, and diplomatically interact with others and develop relationships with people in the organization.
Experience in training other professionals and providing team leadership.
Home Depot - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard -
The Home Depot is the global leader in home improvement and fourth largest retailer in the world. Providing superior customer service and...