As an Information Technology Specialist (SA/AS), Relational Database Developer (Team Leader), you will:
- Developing or Leading software applications that include updating/maintaining relational databases.
- Coding, testing and debugging programs according to detailed requirements for complex projects.
- Supporting the maintenance of existing software applications for complex systems.
- Lead a team for an Information Technology Software project or system that designs, develops, tests and implements software for programs.
- Provide top quality customer service in the development, production, and integration of software applications and systems that enable customers to successfully meet their business goals.
- Understanding and follow software development life cycles.
- Investigate, evaluate and select tools and methods for improving productivity and software quality throughout life cycle.
BASIC REQUIREMENTS GRADE-13 LEVEL: At least one year of specialized experience equivalent to GS-12 in the Federal government. Specialized experience is experience that is related to the work of this position and has provided you with the competencies required for successful job performance. Qualifying experience is experience that demonstrated accomplishment of computer project assignments that required a wide range of knowledge of computer requirements and techniques pertinent to the position to be filled. This knowledge is generally demonstrated by assignments where the applicant analyzed a number of alternative approaches in the process of advising management concerning major aspects of ADP system design, such as what system interrelationships must be considered, or what operating mode, system software, and/or equipment configuration is most appropriate for a given project. For example:
Provide guidance to less experience coworkers in solving programming problems.
Provide expert technical advice, guidance and recommendations to management and other technical specialist on critical IT issues.
Mastery of and skill in applying the interrelationships of multiple IT specialties, network infrastructure, management software systems and new IT developments and applications.
Have expert knowledge of the underlying Oracle Apps structures and ability to utilize Oracle environment (such as; table, flex-fields, lists of values, etc.).
Provide technical guidance or lead during a significant project in designing, coding, testing, debugging and maintaining relational databases.
Understand and apply Entity Relationship (ER) diagrams, and database schema design.
Generate efficient/optimized DDL, SQL and database accesses in an IBM DB2 environment.
In addition to the above applicant's specialized experience must include experience in Informatica developing mappings to update, insert, and delete from relationial databases. Experience needed in developing mappings to process very large daily datasets, advanced PowerCenter transformations and transforming Mainframe datasets. Experience performing PowerCenter performance tuning and transformation optimizations.
Internal Revenue Service - 13 months ago
WASHINGTON - The Internal Revenue Service today released new withholding tables that will result in more take-home pay this spring for...