Join our Information Technology team where you will work on new technologies and find ways to meet our customers’ needs and make it easy for them to do business with us. You will be responsible for all aspects of the development & implementation of more than one large project and provides a single point of contact for those projects - original concept thru final implementation. You will be part of a team that provides framework for online support using various methods of communicating with the online customer. This requires building/maintaining web components that can be embedded on the page to provide support online.
The Senior Member Technical Staff acts independently or member of a highly skilled technical team responsible for fulfulling complex business requirements with the implementation of reliable & efficient automated solutions; may be enterprise wide initiatives. Receives broad guidance & is accountable for project or program results. Exercises considerable judgment in developing methods, techniques & evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Measure the KPI's of the provided services to determine the effectiveness of the provided service.
Demands full use and application of principles, theories, concepts and technologies. Develops resolutions to complex problems that require the frequent use of creativity. Analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors. Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
Collects client requirements, performs analysis, writes program specifications and develops designs. Responsible for producing high quality deliverables in a timely fashion. Performs technical evaluation of products. Occasionally develops systems-related standards and procedures. Successfully completes all relevant technical and professional training programs in accordance with Performance Agreement goals and objectives.
Motivates and trains staff to maximize productivity and promotes their professional development in a manner consistent with VZW company policies and practices.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science/Information Systems, Masters Preferred
- 8+ years of IT Experience
- At least 5+ years experience in web application / solution architecture
- Hands on experience with CQ5 or other CMS platorms.
- Must have experience with J2EE, AJAX, SOA, Web Frameworks.
- Must have knowledge on advanced concepts like distributed caching using coherence .
- Experience with building/integrating Virtual Agent / Live Agent / Co-browse technologies with high profile e-commerce websites is a plus
- Experience with Endeca, Lucene, Solr is a Plus.
- Experience with Big Data platforms like Hadoop is a Plus.
- In-depth knowledge of information systems concepts
- In-depth knowledge of applicable methodologies, tools, standards, and procedures
- Working knowledge of project management concepts
- Strong analytical skills and problem solving abilities
- Excellent business knowledge, interpersonal skills and leadership abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer m/f/d/v.
Verizon Wireless - 10 months ago
At Verizon, our people are busy changing the world-tackling the toughest challenges in areas like Healthcare, Energy, Public Safety, and...