The Lead Lifeguard assists in directing and coordinating activities in the Pool Department.
A more detailed job description is available upon request from the Human Resources Department.
- Ensure the safety of owners/guests while at the pools and surrounding areas.
- Enforce all Resort and State policies, rules and regulations.
- Recognize and respond effectively to emergencies.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the pools and surrounding areas.
- Monitor water temperatures and water conditions.
- Inspect the pool and surrounding areas, reporting unsafe conditions to manager.
- Designate daily duties; ensure tasks, rotations and schedules are followed.
- Complete lifeguard schedules.
- Make recommendations on inventory to manager.
- Store chemicals and supplies in accordance with Resort and State/Federal policies.
- Assist with staff in-service training classes.
- Perform duties of subordinate staff.
- Respond to calls and questions from owners, guests and departments.
- Provide customer service to owners, guests and departments.
- Perform similar and related duties as assigned.
- Three years (3) experience in lifeguarding.
- Ability to swim, perform water activities and rescues.
- Possess the following certifications: American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer, American Red Cross First Aid and American Red Cross Lifeguard Training.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Communicate effectively with staff and management.
- Analyze and resolve problems.
- Use independent judgment.
- Deal successfully with the public.
- Must have the necessary skills to perform basic math.
- Capability to understand and follow both oral and written directions, as well as knowledge and usage of correct business English and office practices.
- Must be able to communicate (face to face, via radio and telephone) in English to co-workers and owners/guests.
Diamond Resorts International® offers:
- Excellent earning potential.
- Excellent benefits program including company matching 401(k).
- Eligibility for our tuition reimbursement program.
- Resort Privilege Program (eligibility for travel discounts).
- Industry leading training program.
- Fun working environment.
- Unlimited real growth opportunities.
Diamond Resorts International - 9 months ago
copy to clipboard