Ensure Packaging Operators facilitate the day to day completion of work activities across multiple lines in the most efficient manner to ensure that final products meet required standards of quality and render the highest level of productivity. Provides guidance and direction to Packaging Associates as required for safe, efficient operations.
- cGMP/Documentation: Perform all functions according to Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) and Company Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Accurately and legibly document in Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Log Book.
- Assist Senior Packaging Operator with completion of paperwork associated with daily production and downtime tracking.
- Identifies Packaging Operator training opportunities and requirements and provides training as needed.
- Engages in Daily Shift End meeting using two way communications to review shift actual results to goals. Takes individual accountability to assist team in identifying and closing actions to resolve problems. Facilitates shift end meeting in the absence of Team Supervisor.
- Operates automatic packaging equipment and determines when to stop the line due to a safety or quality issue. Follows all standard work and identifies improvement opportunities to standards
- Follows escalation process standard work and assists team in Why Why Problem Solving Analysis.
- Maintains a clean orderly work area through use of 5S visuals management tools and standards.
- Adheres to NBTY Health, Safety and Environmental policies. Identifies and reports unsafe conditions and behaviors and takes individual accountability addressing corrective action.
- Enable, participate and implement continuous improvement ideas.
- Participates in Site Focused Improvement events.
- Effectively communicates to Supervisor the need for time away from work as follows: Absence: No later than 1 hour prior to start of shift; Vacation requests: no less than two weeks prior to first date of vacation.
- Other duties as assigned.
18 months of successful performance as NBTY Line Runner or equivalent
Education/Certification/ Licenses & Registrations:
GED or High School Diploma
- Works Independently: Works independently with minimal supervision once assignments or responsibilities have been outlined and delegated. Displays a strong sense of ownership for work.
- Flexible and Adaptable: Copes with ambiguity, change and uncertainty effectively. Not hesitant to resolve lack of clarity, structure or definition of outcomes then moves ahead.
- Action Results Oriented: Demonstrates initiative, sense of urgency and bias for action. Self-motivated, naturally proactive with high energy levels when addressing work tasks.
- Communication: Communicates effectively orally with Team Leaders and Peers. Maintains and internal and external customer focus.
- Organized and Timely: Uses organization and good time management skills. Ensures tasks are completed within set deadlines. Works effectively in a multitask environment and consistently tracks the progress of ongoing initiative.
- Prioritizes and Implements: Identifies issues and opportunities, prioritize and successfully implements them. Uses cognitive skills and processes to arrive at sound decisions and solutions.
- Logical Thinking and Analysis: Assimilates diverse information and proactively presents solutions through Why, Why problem solving techniques and processes. Balances logic and intuition to arrive at well-founded decisions tempered by practicality and common sense.
- Relationship Builder: Builds productive, trusting, respectful relationships at all levels in the organization. Understands and values the perspectives of others by working in teams.
- Continuous Improvement Focus: Continually strives to learn more to improve self. Sets high standards for work and work relationships. Actively seeks and supports continuous improvement activities in process efficiencies, costs and effectiveness of work.
- Effective Conflict Resolution Skills: Using tact and diplomacy to effectively resolve differences and conflicts within the organization. Good listener who takes care to understand the words of others, asking questions and actively acknowledges key points.
- Team Player: Consistently acts as a member off the team.
- Stand or walk for extended periods of time
- See, talk, hear, smell
- Site, Bed, push, pull, squat, kneel, climb or balance
- Reach with hands and arms
- Use fingers to handle or feel
- Lift up to 10 lbs. 60% of the time
- Lift 10 - 24 lbs. 30% of the time
- Lift 25 - 49 lbs. 10% of the time
NBTY, Inc. manufactures, markets, distributes, and retails vitamins, nutritional supplements, and related products in the United States and...