Cablevision Division Optimum Lightpath Department Name Surveillance & Support-LI Job Location NY / Nassau County / 200 Jericho Quadrangle Requisition ID 19542BR Position Type Full Time Description Works independent and performs at a high-level for the Installation and repair of Optimum Lightpath telecommunications equipment located in the head-ends throughout NYMA. Exceptional understanding of Telecommunications equipment. Ensures that company technical requirements are followed and satisfaction is achieved for all aspects of the installation and/or service. If deemed necessary, coordinates and schedules work from TBS and Remedy that are routine using standard procedures, tools, and equipment. Strong communication skills used to train other employees in order to perform equivalent work.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Extremely skilled with all Head-end installation and services related work responsibilities.
- Responsible for special core network upgrade and expansion projects assigned by Lightpath Engineering.
- If required to cover for a manager, assigns work to Technicians based on the specific skills, training, experience and availability of the individual.
- Ability to represent Lightpath when Supervisor/manager is not available.
- Assist the Supervisor/Mgr in the day to day activities of the staff and contractors and ensuring the technical standards are adhered to and customer satisfaction.
- Assist in mentoring, providing support to staff and on the job coaching to help improve performance levels of employees.
- If required, the Lead technician will be the point of contact for the NMC, including after hour and weekends.
- The Lead Technician may be asked to work from other locations (i.e. Jericho).
- Attend meetings with Lightpath Engineering department or other departments to provide expertise/feedback.
- Ability to perform all duties of the Adv ISP Technician in a full and adequate manner.
- Investigates and resolves problems, makes routine repairs or escalates to management as necessary.
- Fully understands all phases of network installation, including DWDM, ATM, Ethernet, TDM, HFC modem, WAN/LAN and TCP/IP applications.
- Acts as company representative by educating co-workers in a complete and professional manner. Ensures complete satisfaction by diligently resolving (or referring to the appropriate department if necessary) all reasonable requests relating to the installation and service of communications capabilities.
- Completes all paperwork through the use of appropriate company documentation relating to the installation and service of telecommunications equipment by ensuring documentation is completed in a full and accurate manner
- Informs other departments of any and all issues that may extend beyond the Technician’s current knowledge or skill level for the purpose of ensuring complete satisfaction.
- Excels in company standards pertaining to quantity and quality of work performed on an ongoing basis, and perform all work-related tasks in a manner that is in compliance with all Optimum Lightpath policies and procedures.
- Is in 100% compliance with all Inside Plant safety practices and procedures. Ensures all work-related equipment and vehicles are utilized and maintained in a safe and responsible manner, ensuring all work-related tasks are performed in a manner that is in compliance with Optimum Lightpath and OSHA safety rules and regulations.
- Works with and provides training on power related equipment used for powering various telecommunications equipment.
- Maintains all stock and work-related supplies in the vehicle in an organized, professional and safe manner as necessary to perform all job-related duties. This includes removal of personal items of value and effects prior to the end of each shift.
- Complies with Lightpath dress code in order to present a neat and professional image to our customers and the public in general.
- Performs such duties as that the manager may deem necessary from time-to-time. Qualifications -Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Communications or equivalent experience.
- 5 to 6 years related experience in all Optimum Lightpath field service.
- Minimum 3 years experience a Lightpath Grade 16 Adv ISP Tech
- 4 to 5 years Head-end design techniques and proven capacity to interpret and apply copper, coax and fiber to network design
- 3 to 4 years of Ethernet, TDM and Analog networks.
- TCP/IP, ATM, Ethernet, CCIE, CCNA, LAN/WAN certification
- Ability to perform all duties and responsibilities as described
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to persuade and use problem solving/conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to operate all tools and equipment in a safe and responsible manner.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends, holidays, and overtime as required.
- Valid state driver’s license applicable to state law.
- Willingness to travel out of state and work non standard hours
- Ability to train co-workers in all associated duties