General Statement of Duties: To provide medical support for the consumers, advocate for additional medical supports when appropriate, and provide staff and consumer training in health related areas. Support efforts of community membership as assigned.
- Identify health related needs, monitor medical status and work with staff, physicians and allied health professionals to formulate, coordinate and implement medical treatment plans for all consumers.
- Administer medications and treatments as prescribed, ensuring adherence to CARF, DDS, Medicaid and DPH regulations.
- Provide individual and/or group consumer and staff training in relevant areas (e.g., health hygiene, safety, diet, etc.).
- Monitor consumer lunch breaks as assigned.
- Maintain an assigned caseload of consumers and act as case manager as directed.
- Provide direct support to consumers as needed.
- Provide assistance at other day habilitation programs as needed.
- Complete written reports, assessments, etc. as required by the program and its funding and certification sources in a clear, concise and professional manner. This includes, but is not limited to, monthly nursing progress notes, ISP and annual review documentation.
- Maintain medication books, appropriate sections of consumer files, etc. to ensure program compliance with all regulations established by DDS, DPH, CARF and Medicaid.
- Ensure annual updates of physical examinations, emergency treatment forms, doctors’ orders etc. in order to meet established guidelines.
- Advise the program manager and staff of any medical problems that may hinder a consumer’s progress or that affect participation in program.
- Ensure that needed medications are dispensed by staff on community outings.
- Ensure adequate safety and medical supplies are on hand (e.g., gloves, gowns, etc.).
- Perform other related work duties as needed or as assigned by supervisor or designee.
- Provide supervision of daily operations in absence of supervisor or designee, as requested.
- Participate in supervision, ISP review and all other required meetings as assigned.
- Perform duties to reflect program and agency policies and procedures.
- Perform duties with a team approach.
- Execute duties to reflect reasonable safety standards. Universal/standard precautions must be utilized and training obtained in areas that constitute risk.
- Provide physical support, assistance with lifting and transferring consumers who have physical challenges as needed.
BAMSI, Inc. - 2 years ago