This role’s main purpose is to coordinate all OTC client on-boarding & set-up as well as on-going support and maintenance. This coordination requires a keen eye for detail and the ability to analyze in-depth information and ensure accuracy and completeness. Person will be responsible to ensure legal and regulatory requirements are met prior to beginning any OTC on-boarding. This requires in-depth conversations with the fund managers and CME Group (CMEG) Legal staff. Coordination efforts are required with many areas across CMEG including ClearPort, IT and Clearing House to ensure accurate information across all systems (E-Security, EDB, ONA, FEC & CMEG Account Manager). Lead Analyst will act in a multiple capacities servicing OTC Support and on-boarding clients and accounts and will act as level 2 support for TAPS. Person will be responsible to work independently and solve any issues that occur as well as decisions regarding support, access, creation of OTC entities, account set up and maintenance, as well as ClearPort support. Role requires in-depth knowledge of OTC markets, customers, funds to ensure coordination through all the required systems to ensure successful access. Roles is customer facing and requires excellent verbal and written communication skills.
The Lead Operations Analyst is a member of the CMEG Client Support Services Team and will be responsible for responding to, managing and resolving OTC and TAPS level 2 support issues with the highest degree of courtesy and professionalism. This position is the point-of-contact for all CMEG customer types including: OTC, Globex & CMEG Direct. The Analyst will Lead coordination efforts for all OTC on-boarding including representing CSS in meetings. Person will also respond to customer calls, and level 2 access requests, and process e-mails 24 x 6. Through ongoing training, Analyst will continue to develop in-depth expertise in CMEG OTC, and Globex products and technology offerings. Full mastery of a multitude of support applications, including ability to assist management in ascertaining tool inefficiencies and offering suggestions for improvements (in multiple environments with a focus on production). Lead Analyst will be responsible for proactively managing service escalations and identifying trends in overall service delivery to produce the best possible customer experience.
Lead Analyst will spend more time working with customers and really helping them manage their accounts then actual data entry and must possess excellent communication skills.
- Resolution of all non-vanilla OTC access or registration issues and requests ensuring guidance for junior staff members and assisting in creation of policy and procedural guidelines that can be followed by the rest of the team. OTC onboarding requests are typically require very complex solutions.
- Provide guidance for how a firm should be configured or not depending on the firm’s business needs. CMEG systems capabilities and CMEG regulations.
- Responds to customer inquiries regarding the Exchange’s products and services.
- Works directly with other CMEG departments to resolve any issues in coordination of OTC on-boarding access – represents CSS Team appropriately and assists in determining best practices moving forward.
- Second level trouble-shooting for customer facing applications (ex. EOS, EOS Admin, Firmsoft, Firmsoft Admin, Galax-C client, Galax-C Admin, CPC, Firm Admin Dashboard and CMEG Direct). Determine if issue or user error, and escalate appropriately or re-educate user. Inductive reasoning required to properly diagnose the issue and ensure they are escalated properly. Issues must be researched, documented and escalated. Fixes must be communicated back to customers as well as maintained for future reference.Ability to correctly identify inconsistencies in the paperwork provided and contact the appropriate parties to get these issues resolved quickly
- Possess expertise and proficiency to flawlessly perform all operational tasks for the standard ClearPort applications (ClearPort UI, CMEG Account Manager, E-Security and FEC).
- Calmly guide difficult customer situations to resolution with ownership and by urgently engaging the appropriate resources while keeping the customer informed
- Assist GCC and GAM management in the identification and resolution of failures and emergency situations to expedite recovery and limit all financial ramifications.
- Take ownership of firm changes and manage the process completely including following through with all departments to ensure accuracy. All firm changes must be reviewed prior to the next trading session
- Take a leadership role in critical procedures decisions, including fully explaining the decision to affected customers.
- Ensure sensitive security information is captured appropriately and only distributed to authorized parties.
- Follow established CMEG Group's risk reduction/operational excellence procedures.
- Ability to assist GCC Analysts in troubleshooting issues including user connectivity, permissions, status or order entry.
- Troubleshoot issues regarding all GCC internal applications.
- Write clear concise ITSM tickets for all requests and assist with decisions regarding trends and reporting them to management.
- 6 years minimum experience with external customer service in a technology services business.
- In-depth understanding of the OTC markets, customers and products
- Keen analytical skills with the ability to analyze in-depth information and ensure accuracy and completeness.
- In-depth Excel knowledge required (Metrics capabilities including creation of pivot tables, macros, use of Vlookup and ability to manipulate large amounts of data)
- Ability to multitask a variety of issues, screens and support tools while providing excellent customer service
- Understanding of financial derivatives and trading
- Passion for achieving customer satisfaction
- High level of initiative and works well in a team environment
- Thrive in a fast-paced, high energy environment
- Strong interpersonal skills and high emotional intelligence
- Ability to calmly lead escalated customer situations to resolution
- Excellent organizational skills, multi-tasking skills and attention to detail
- Ability to be resourceful and make balanced decisions
- Support customers from multiple countries in a 24x6 environment
- E xperience with web, voice, e-mail, and Instant Messaging tools
- Excellent leadership, collaboration, and communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree required – Master’s degree preferred
As the world’s leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace, CME Group ( www.cmegroup.com ) is where the world comes to manage risk. Based in Chicago, with offices in New York, London, Singapore, Calgary, Houston, São Paulo, Singapore, Tokyo and Washington D.C., our team of more than 2,500 employees has an impact on the global economy every day. We offer:
- The widest range of global benchmark futures and options available across all major asset classes;
- The most advanced trading technology;
- Industry-leading clearing and risk management capabilities;
- A relentless customer focus, serving leading investment and commercial banks, hedge funds, proprietary trading firms, pension funds, sovereign wealth funds, asset managers, corporations and individual traders; and,
- A great place to work.
With this strong foundation in place, we are looking to continue growing our business in both listed and over-the-counter markets. To support this growth, we are seeking highly motivated individuals to help foster our corporate culture and uphold our core values of leading with conviction and integrity, advancing the global economy, building lasting relationships and acting with ingenuity every day.
We hope you will consider joining our world-class team.
As the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace, CME Group (www.cmegroup.com) is where the world comes to manage risk. CME...