1. Under the supervision of the Director of Security, is responsible and held accountable for all activities related to operating the Hospital switchboard.
2. Relay incoming and outgoing calls and greets all face to face customers, provides information, and directions as needed.
3. Monitoring multiple security alarms (Hospital codes).
4. Operates the public address system consistent with Hospital policies, including paging authorized personnel and making authorized announcements included, but not limited to all Codes.
5. Promptly implements emergency procedures in response to code alarms in accordance to Policy.
6. Maintains all necessary logs and complete forms required by Hospital policy including but not limited to Code Log, Department Safety Inspection Checklist, Code Blue Alarm Test, Delivery & Pick-up Log, Parking validation and Service Recovery Logs etc.
7. Performing miscellaneous Hospital clerical duties as assigned
8. Participates in on-call rotation as required.
9. Recognizes the purpose of employment is to prioritize the patient as number one.
10. Fulfills the duty and responsibility to maintain competence and to continue personal and professional growth.
11. Identifies and assists with opportunities for performance improvement activities on the unit and with other service areas.
12. Demonstrates fiscal responsibility by taking ownership of time management, decreasing waste (of time and supplies) and promoting cost effectiveness while maintaining patient safety and quality of care.
13. Demonstrates the ability to be an advocate for and strive to protect the health, safety and rights of the patient.
14. Interactions with patients and colleagues demonstrate compassion and respect for the inherent dignity, worth, and uniqueness of every individual, unrestricted by considerations of social or economic status or cultural beliefs.
15. Communicate effectively with other care providers (physicians, nurses, and staff) to provide for continuity of patient care and to meet the needs of the customers we serve.
16. Demonstrates ability to fulfill requirements of attendance, punctuality, and timekeeping practices.
17. Behaviors and interactions demonstrate a positive attitude, personal initiative and motivation to achieve the goals of the unit.
18. To uphold the standards of the profession and organization and practice ethically and with integrity.
Education required and/or preferred:
PREFERRED: High School Graduate or equivalent
PREFERRED: Customer service skills training
HCA Inc - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard -