Serve in a Lead role in the processing of mail-in prescriptions including all areas employing Pharmacists in which business needs dictate the need for a Lead role while maintaining productivity and quality standards. Provide expert assistance to team members with issues needing technical expertise. Be a role model of Expressway values and behavior. Assist in identifying and helping resolve recurring issues impacting team key metrics. Seek to continually develop leadership skills. Collaborate with site leadership in the selection of Pharmacist candidates.
1. Perform staff level Pharmacist duties as assigned within the Lead¿s respective team/department. Maintain quality and productivity standards as established for the Lead¿s respective team/department. Serve as a staff level model for Expressway values and behaviors.
2. Provide expert assistance to team members with issues needing technical expertise. Provide on-the-job training for new or existing team members. Mentor team to improve their understanding and skills. Act as a liaison to resolve prescription order problems. Work collaboratively with team members to ensure that best practices are shared. Serve as a point of escalation for issues requiring a higher degree of expertise or discretion to resolve customer issues and ensure timely resolution.
3. Assist with work plan development and work distributions for team members. Identify repetitive problems or issues and recommend process improvements. Actively participate in continuous improvement events. Update Visual Management tools with performance data and communication of the results on a daily basis.
4. Involvement in the process of hiring and interviewing Pharmacist positions. Taking part in leadership meetings and leadership development programs as required. Provides input and recommendations for performance management and employee development.
5. Additional duties as assigned
-B.S. or Pharm. D. in pharmacy
-1-2 years experience, preferred PBM experience
-Pharmacist License in good standing in the state in which the facility is located
-WORD, EXCEL, Outlook, power point, mail order operating systems (VAX, KBV, I&W, filenet, compass)
-Good organizational ability, strong attention to detail, ability to work in fast- paced production environment, willingness to work a flexible schedule based on business needs.
Express Scripts is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, nationality, ancestry, age, disability or status as a disabled veteran or veteran of the Vietnam era, pregnancy, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, citizenship or membership in any other legally protected class.
None of the questions in this application are intended to elicit information regarding any protected characteristics, nor imply any limitation, illegal preferences or discrimination based upon non-job-related information or protected characteristics.
Applicants must be able to pass a drug test and background investigation and, depending on position requirements, a Department of Defense background investigation. AA/EOE.
Express Scripts - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
Express Scripts is a Fortune 25 company and is the largest pharmacy benefit manager in the U.S.