As a Lead Product Manager on the eBay Verticals team, you will be responsible for helping build a best-in-class tailored shopping experience for our motors enthusiast. This individual will also be responsible for leading a team of product managers focused on the buyer experience.
The Verticals Lead Product Manager is expected to collaborate with business, marketing, technical and design teams to develop requirements, prioritize enhancements, and drive projects to completion.
- Understand and synthesize customer needs from market research, customer visits, analytics, competitive insights and partner/sales conversations
- Work with the larger cross-functional team to define the teams business strategy, product strategy, operation plan and detailed roadmap
- Conduct competitive analysis to identify baseline features and areas for differentiation
- Run beta and pilot programs with early-stage products that incorporate metrics to measure success
- Assess new opportunities with internal and external groups (e.g., best practices, strategic fit, product execution, business impact, operational excellence, etc.)
- Build, in collaboration with Business, Design, Development and Quality Engineering, and own the global product roadmap.
- Manage a prioritized roadmap to address the customer needs and grow the Verticals business faster than ecommerce
- Deliver business and product requirement documents, including feature prioritization and business justification
- Work hands-on with development, QA, designers, business, operations teams to successfully design, build, and deploy vertical product features
- Manage product enhancements, resolve product issues, and orchestrate cross functional alignment
- Work with internal product teams to successfully integrate features into the buyer and seller experience
- Maintain the continued success of launched features in production
- Work with research and development teams to prototype new experiences/features
- Deliver weekly / monthly metric reports by product
- Manage communications and expectations with internal stakeholders and eBay community of buyers and sellers
- Build positive relationships and trust over time through a strong commitment to high quality and on time delivery
Must be eligible to work in the US, sorry no 3rd parties.
What are we looking for?
- 10 years of product management experience, with solid track record of developing and launching successful products.6-8 years of experience in managing product managers.
- Ideally, 5+ years of experience in consumer facing ecommerce.
- Prior experience developing/managing web-based products
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills with both business and technical teams, including business stakeholders, designers, marketer, developers, QA engineers, and operations
- Must have strong decision-making skills and a detailed-oriented personality
- Proven ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams in a highly matrixed environment with global partners
- Thrive and succeed in delivering widely adopted technology products/services in a fast moving, high growth environment.
- Proven ability to successfully manage multiple projects from concept to delivery while meeting schedules and budget.
- Energetic self-starter and innovative thinker who balances strong customer and quality focus while thinking big.
- Familiarity with the unique dynamics of eBay marketplace; Buying/Selling experience on eBay a plus
Passionate about making customers successful and about delivering great products.
- Strong business acumen and ability to link business, competitive, and user needs into a strong product plan.
- CS/BA/BS required, undergraduate in technology (CS/EE) and/or MBA preferred. Background in human computer interaction or product design a plus
Ms. Rocky Gonzalez
- BS/BA degree in related field required
- 12+ years professional related experience or Master's degree and 8+ years
Talent Acquisition- Sourcer
eBay - 5 months ago
The world’s leading e-commerce company, eBay Inc. brings together a family of brands that connect communities. Built on commerce,...