Construction, Project and Cost Consultancy, Transportation, Water / Watershed Management
United States-California-San Francisco
is a world leader in project and cost consulting, providing clients with Owner’s Representative expertise and advice throughout the life of their projects. We can offer varied and interesting work with a number of high profile clients across our key business sectors which include: Aviation, Commercial, Education, Energy, Food & Beverage, Hospitality Arts & Leisure, Pharmaceutical, and Manufacturing.
We have 19 offices across the United States and are part of an ever expanding international business operating in Europe, the UK, Asia Pacific and the Middle East. Our goal is to serve the interests of our clients by aligning our comprehensive management approach with client strategic objectives to ensure successful project outcomes.
Faithful+Gould seeks an energetic, highly motivated, detail-oriented, self-starter to join our
San Francisco, CA
staff as a
Lead Project Controls Manager
. The candidate will be involved on
related projects. The applicant must have significant experience in the utilization of Primavera Suite software, specifically Primavera P6.
Typical duties and responsibilities of this position are
- Manages, revises, and maintains status of the detailed project cost estimate/forecast to include all phases of project execution from design/engineering, material/equipment procurement and deliveries, construction contracts through start-up activities and closeout.
- Tracks and analyzes the project costs including budgets, commitments, actuals, accruals, and forecasts. Analysis includes forecast to budget and estimate, forecast to actuals, and contingency analysis.
- Participates in the development and improvement of project controls systems. Recommends improvements in systems, tools, and methods of project controls and project management.
- Establishes a project work breakdown structure in line with industry best practices.
- Assists in analyzing project control requirements as part of the bid review process to insure all cost control requirements are incorporated into individual contracts and purchase orders.
- Interacts with other project groups in relation to cost codes, purchase order commitments, change orders and sales tax issues as required and to ensure all accounting and regulatory compliance issues or guidelines are implemented.
- Assists in creating detailed project budgets from estimates and in the development of cash flow projections.
- Works with senior project management staff in managing the overall project cost control efforts.
- Works with scheduling staff to develop, manage, revise, and update integrated detailed project schedules including all phases of project execution.
- Assists in early identification of long lead items, resource constraints, and required project start dates.
- Manages key project indicators and project commercial reports.
- Manages internal job costing in relation to the fee and services to be provided, resources required and all project reporting including job number, Project Status Report (PSR) and other company reporting policies.
- Produces forecasts of total project costs, annual costs, and monthly cash flow costs and provides variance analysis and explanations.
- Assists in forecasting engineering and construction resource requirements.
- Assists in coordinating engineering and construction activities in conjunction with overall project schedule requirements. Incorporates engineering and construction contractor schedules into overall project schedules.
- Ensures all contract deliverables and deadlines are met.
- Performs such other duties as the Supervisor may from time to time deem necessary.
The appropriately qualified candidate will have the following core competencies and required experience:
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction, Quantity Surveying or a related field, and ten plus (10+) years relevant experience.
- Must have strong cost management, scheduling, and project planning and estimating skills, as well as the communication skills necessary to interface with external engineering, architectural and construction firms, suppliers, the management team and other organizations within client organizations. Must be able to use A/E and CM cost and/or schedule information to evaluate project status. Must have experience in developing budgets, cash flows, and/or schedules.
- Must be highly articulate, have clear and analytical approach to problem solving, and strong decision making abilities. Must have excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Working knowledge of industry standard software, including but not limited to SAP, Skire, VersaPro, etc. and ERP, Planning & Scheduling, and cost management applications. Experience with Primavera or Microsoft Projects is preferred.
- Must thoroughly understand and utilize Information Technology in the performance of work including Internet, Intranet, Microsoft Windows OS, Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Office Suite and Microsoft Project.
Faithful+Gould is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/V/D.) offers an excellent benefits packet including: Medical/Dental Coverage, Life Insurance, Disability Coverage, Paid Vacation, Paid Holidays, Flex Plan and a 401K Plan.
- AACE membership/certification or RICS qualified is preferred.
Atkins is one of the world's leading engineering, design and project management consultancies. We have the breadth and depth of expertise to...