Programme Management, Transportation, Water / Watershed Management
United States-California-San Francisco
is a world leader in project and cost consulting, providing clients with Owner’s Representative expertise and advice throughout the life of their projects. We can offer varied and interesting work with a number of high profile clients across our key business sectors which include: Aviation, Commercial, Education, Energy, Food & Beverage, Hospitality Arts & Leisure, Pharmaceutical, and Manufacturing.
We have 19 offices across the United States and are part of an ever expanding international business operating in Europe, the UK, Asia Pacific and the Middle East. Our goal is to serve the interests of our clients by aligning our comprehensive management approach with client strategic objectives to ensure successful project outcomes.
seeks an energetic, highly motivated, detail-oriented, self-starter to join our
San Francisco, CA
staff as a
Lead Project Manager
. The qualified candidate will have experience with managing major capital programs and projects in the
Water and Wastewater
industry. Knowledge and proven experience with regulatory processes as required by the California Department of Public Health and Regional Water Quality Control Board for the water and wastewater industry is preferred.
Typical duties and responsibilities of this position are
- Develops and implements strategic objectives for practice aligned with the region's strategic initiatives. Manages the strategic aspects of large engagements and mitigates risks.
- Oversees senior managers and managers working on client engagements within practice.
- Reviews high-level deliverables across practice.
- Ensures engagement reviews and quality assurance procedures take place for all practice engagements.
- Reports profit and loss figures, as required.
- Consolidates and analyzes profitability, revenue, margins, bill rates and utilization across practice, as required.
- Contributes to pipeline forecasts and broad-based financial picture for practice. Accurately forecasts revenue, profitability, margins, bill rates and utilization across practice.
- Addresses and resolves all billing issues, as required.
- Develops and ensures practice meets or exceeds budgeted financial objectives, including revenue and margin.
- Manages the negotiation of contract pricing when necessary.
- Takes a lead role in monitoring the identification and development of strategic accounts, as required.
- Manages business development on a tactical level for practice.
- Grows long-term relationships with clients and key consultants to capitalize on equity and partnership opportunities.
- Performs such other duties as the Supervisor may from time to time deem necessary.
The appropriately qualified candidate will have the following core competencies and required experience:
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Construction, Quantity Surveying or a related field, and ten plus (10+) years relevant experience.
- Must be highly articulate, have clear and analytical approach to problem solving, and strong decision making abilities. Must have excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Must possess a thorough understanding of Project Management, Building Design & Construction, Critical Path Method (CPM) Scheduling, Building Cost Modeling and Risk Analysis. Should have a general understanding of Primavera, Expedition/Prolog or similar software.
- Must thoroughly understand and utilize Information Technology in the performance of work including Internet, Intranet, Microsoft Windows OS, Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Office Suite and Microsoft Project.
Project Management Professional (PMP) [certified by the Project Management Institute (PMI) Global Accreditation Centre (GAC)] and/or Certified Construction Manager (CCM) [certified by the Construction Manager Certification Institute (CMCI), an independent administrative body of the Construction Management Association of America (CMAA)] preferred.
- Registered California Professional Engineer is required.
Faithful+Gould is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/V/D.) offers an excellent benefits packet including: Medical/Dental Coverage, Life Insurance, Disability Coverage, Paid Vacation, Paid Holidays, Flex Plan and a 401K Plan.
Atkins - 17 months ago
copy to clipboard -
Atkins is one of the world's leading engineering, design and project management consultancies. We have the breadth and depth of expertise to...