We have experienced continuous growth and increased revenue since inception! Agilex is an employee-owned, privately held company where achievements are recognized and rewarded. Based in Chantilly, Virginia and founded in 2007, Agilex provides mission and technology consulting, software and solution development, and system integration services. Agilex was founded with the notion to bring together business expertise with the foremost database and IT knowledge to offer clients innovative thinking on leveraging advanced technologies within the Healthcare IT, Intelligence, Homeland Security and Government Services Sectors.
Employees are eligible to earn stock based on performance. Want to work with a group of professionals who have very successful track records and who expect, look forward to and value the ideas of others? If the answer is yes, please take a look at our career opportunities and contact us so that we can talk to you about taking your career to the next level.
Agilex is seeking a QA/Test Engineer to join our Healthcare division in a fast-paced, agile environment. The QA/Test Engineer will provide technical leadership and hands-on testing of products and services developed and must have a strong background and experience in web application front-end and back-end testing, including test scripting and automation. This candidate will participate in peer reviews to assess testing areas such as test code coverage, quality and automation, and must be adaptable to different responsibilities, possess strong communications skills, and have a passion for constantly improving the individual and team effectiveness.
CITIZENSHIP: Must be a US Citizen
- Provide software QA lead oversight and deep product testing expertise working closely with team to create and automate test cases
- Work closely with team and product owner to define the agile testing approach required for agile application development environment
- Work closely with Product Owners to understand product specifics and to create corresponding test plan, quality standards, and automation test components and strategies for the project
- Design, develop and execute automated test cases and scenarios pertaining to various components of the application that ensures the software meets the intended requirements and meets all established quality standards specified in test plan
- Thoroughly test software applications in a highly complex environment
- Execute testing on both Web Front end and back end systems with the ability to test at an API level such as via Web Services or other back end service
- Run test validations at various levels including DB validation, logging validation, and UI validation
- Documents defects in defect tracking tool regarding problems identified during testing activities
- Work with project leadership to define defect and quality metrics, defect prevention, and development efficiency
- Contributes to an atmosphere of cross-functional teamwork within the organizations agile project lifecycle
- Bachelor's in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related discipline
- 6-7 years software QA experience, where at least 1 year of QA lead experience, and 2-3 years of web application testing experience
- Hands-on experience with design, development, and implementation of testing cases/scripts and scenarios to support testing objectives
- Experience with testing methodology's, processes, standards, and tools
- Thorough experience and understanding in Functional Testing, Integration Testing, System Testing, and User Acceptance Testing concepts and approaches
- Strong experience in developing test plans as well as translating them into test cases, test scenarios, and executing them and evaluating results
- Strong technical and analytical and problem solving skills to interpret written business requirements and technical specification documents into appropriate tests
- Ability to work in a fast paced, constantly changing environment
- Good organization and time management skills for interacting with project and task team members
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to interact and present findings to team members, customers, management and support personnel
- Experience working with quality metrics and software industry metric data collection and analysis techniques
- Knowledge of change management tools such as Subversion or Git
- Experience and understand fundamental concepts of within a Scrum/agile project lifecycle approach to software development, including experience with Continuous Integration, Automated Testing, User Acceptance Testing
2012 Technology Council of Maryland's Government Contractor of the Year
2012 Fantastic 50 Vanguard Award - Virginia's fastest growing technology company
Agilex Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/V/D.
Agilex - Realize the Value of Information
Agilex is changing the game in the enterprise IT services business by bringing together some of the most noteworthy professionals in...