The essential responsibilities of the Lead Quality Assurance Analyst are to conduct thorough product testing and ensure agreed upon quality standards are maintained in order to provide the highest quality software products to both external and internal customers. Works with the Manager and provides guidance to QA Analysts on understanding the business requirements and objectives relative to the desired functionality of products and applications. Evaluates and tests new or modified software to determine that software meets user requirements and established quality standards. ~
Documents software issues and enhancement requests and develops concise and detailed steps for duplication of the problem. Verifies resolved stories and bugs and maintains accurate status for such items entered in each project. Creates test plans with clearly defined test objectives. Contributes towards QA estimation, planning and scheduling process. Writes and performs detailed test cases, complex manual, automated, integration, and regression tests.
Assists fellow associates and customers with problem reporting and resolution and maintaining appropriate follow-up communications throughout the resolution process. Works with the manager to schedule and prioritize tasks to promote efficient use of time. Monitors progress against schedule. Determines when additional initiative is required to meet scheduled work and undertakes it. Understands and promotes agile processes. Encourages, solicits, and drives for continual process improvement. Assists scrum master and manager to identify and remove barriers to work progress on the team. Assess, identifies and communicate risks on a continual basis. Assesses strengths and weaknesses of team members and incorporates such assessments into overall work
- Prepares test plans and test cases.
- Leads QA planning for team so that team properly scopes and prioritizes work.
- Documents QA processes and reports QA status on daily and as-needed basis.
- Engages all scrum team members in proactively considering a variety of test scenarios.
- Creates summary reporting as needed for deployments and participates in planning and execution of deployable, tested assets to a variety of environments throughout the product life cycle process.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science
- 6 to 8 years of related experience
- Practical understanding and demonstrated practice of software construction, computer science, and software industry best practices.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and desire and ability to work in a collaborative, cross-functional team environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge or risk assessment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of writing manual and automated test cases using open source tools such as Selenium (preferred).
- Create accurate time estimates for work assigned and great organization skills.
- Experience with issue reporting and tracking tools such as JIRA (preferred).
- Experience working on an agile team (scrum team preferred).
Dealertrack Technologies, Inc.
- 2 years ago - save job