GENERAL SUMMARY $36,800 - $47,800
Under the general direction of the Quality Assurance Supervisor, leads and participates in the implementation of the facilities maintenance service quality standards. Organizes and coordinates the activities of assigned Quality Control Technicians and contractors to ensure compliance with contract specifications on Airport managed facilities. Will be required to perform responsibilities in the Energy & Facility Systems (EFS) central control room during the absence of the Quality Control Technician. Become familiar with the basics of DFW Airport's Environmental Management System & Environmental Policy and implement Best Management & Good Housekeeping Practices.
- Completion of high school curriculum or equivalent.
- Five (5) years experience in facilities maintenance.
- Formal training and/or three (3) years experience in one of the following technical specialties, based on the specific vacancy:
- Industrial plant operations and/or maintenance
- Industrial or commercial HVAC and related mechanical systems
- Industrial or commercial facility electronic and/or electrical systems
- Commercial custodial services supervision
- Any equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be substituted for the above.
- Possession of a valid Class C driver's license.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of Airport terminal systems to include baggage carousels, conveyance, general electrical, facility, jet bridge, general building maintenance, cleaning, landscaping, and roadway systems.
- Knowledge of Airport procedures employed in preparation, bidding, and awarding of service and maintenance contracts.
- Ability to interpret and monitor contract specifications regarding EFS assigned facilities.
- Ability to operate a personal computer and be familiar with the Microsoft Office software suite.
- Ability to make independent judgments.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all customers and associates.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to evaluate records for planning and building inspections.
- Ability to read and understand technical diagrams and blueprints.
- Ability to understand and follow complex oral and written instructions.
- Ability to maintain accurate records which monitor inconsistencies with contract standards.
- Ability to present and project a positive image of the department and organization.
- Ability to maintain physical condition appropriate to the performance of all physical aspects of the position, including but not limited to: climbing ladders and working in physically awkward situations such as bending, stooping, kneeling and squatting; and, walking and standing for long periods of time.
- Ability to work in hot, cold, inclement and extreme weather environments.
- Former facilities maintenance contract/quality control compliance experience.
- Experience with Microsoft Project.
- Supervisory or lead experience.
- This is a designated emergency position as defined in the Reporting to Work During Emergencies and Inclement Weather section of the Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport Policies Manual and in applicable sections of the Energy and Asset Management Policies and Procedures.
- This is a designated safety sensitive position as defined in the Drug and Alcohol section of the Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport Policies Manual. Applicants selected for this position will be required to pass a drug screening test prior to employment and to submit to drug screening on a random basis during the length of their employment in the safety sensitive position.
Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport - 2 years ago