**MYRTLE CREEK Location**
Responsible to live on site to lead and coordinate activities of agricultural crop and horticultural staff. Perform variety of duties related to operating a ranching/farming business including but not limited to caring for livestock, irrigation systems, operating farming machinery, planting, baling and loading crops, maintenance and repair of equipment.
- Train Ranch Hands on crop production and animal husbandry.
- Inspect crops, fields, or plant stock to determine conditions and need for cultivating, spraying, weeding, or harvesting.
- Assign duties, such as cultivation, irrigation, or harvesting of crops or plants, product packaging or grading, or equipment maintenance.
- Plan or supervise infrastructure or collection maintenance functions, such as planting, fertilizing, pest or weed control, or landscaping.
- Prepare reports regarding farm conditions, crop yields, machinery breakdowns, or labor problems.
- Requisition or purchase supplies, such as insecticides, machine parts or lubricants, or tools.
- Requests repair of farm equipment or machinery.
- Train workers in techniques such as planting, harvesting, weeding, or insect identification.
- Drive or operate farm machinery, such as trucks, tractors, or self-propelled harvesters, to transport workers or supplies or to cultivate or harvest fields.
- Perform the same horticultural or agricultural duties as subordinates.
- Inspect facilities to determine maintenance needs.
- Confer with General Manager and/or Ranch Foreman to evaluate weather or soil conditions, to develop plans or procedures, or to discuss issues such as changes in fertilizers, herbicides, or cultivating techniques.
- Read inventory records, customer orders, or shipping schedules to determine required activities.
- Perform hardscape activities, including installation or repair of irrigation systems, resurfacing or grading of paths, rockwork, or erosion control.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED Certificate required. Associates Degree in Agriculture strongly preferred.
- 5+ years verifiable experience working on a professional ranch or farm required.
- 5+ years experience with Irrigation, Livestock and Heavy Equipment Operations required.
- Required to live on site.
- Extensive experience, knowledge and understanding of a ranch/farm operation.
- Basic mechanic abilities required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Ability to organize, direct and lead others in an effective manner.
- Able to handle multiple priorities and tasks at once in a fast paced environment.
- Valid Oregon CDL preferred, current Oregon Drivers License, with farm endorsement required with the ability to qualify for the UIDC’s Drivers Program.
Umpqua Indian Development Corporation
- 2 years ago - save job