We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced software
engineer with Java expertise and leadership qualities to be Tech Coach on our
agile development team. In this role you
will have responsibility for the technical leadership of a project team and
broader Cobalt module community, including Alert. Come join the Legal Technology Infrastructure
and Operations organization where you can contribute to cutting-edge solutions
across many online legal products.
- Lead technical design and development
of projects and core maintenance for Alert and other Cobalt modules
- Consult with product teams to
determine how to leverage and extend Cobalt modules including Alert
- Mentor software engineers on
your team by sharing best practices to increase velocity
- Champion and guide organizational
standards like TDD and module integrity
- Collaborate with Architects to
insure project solutions align with enterprise strategies
- Partner with internal business
stakeholders to provide feedback on business decisions as they relate to
technical goals and standards
- Share innovative ideas that use
cutting-edge technologies which can be applied as tactical and strategic
- Effectively balance your
workload and priorities
- Encourage creative thinking and
problem solving that address business needs
- Partner with Quality engineers
to define acceptance criteria resolve variations
- Engage operations staff to
leverage CM capabilities and insure the ongoing health and stability of
delivered Production applications
- Recognize and communicate the costs and benefits of potential
- Effectively present concepts
and proposals to a variety of audiences including architects, business
customers, and senior management
We are the leading source of intelligent information for the world's businesses and professionals, providing customers with competitive advantage. Intelligent information is a unique synthesis of human intelligence, industry expertise and innovative technology that provides decision-makers with the knowledge to act, enabling them to make better decisions faster. We deliver this must-have insight to the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, intellectual property and science and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
- Bachelor degree, foreign equivalent, or demonstrated job experience in Computer Science,
Information Systems or related field.
- 5 years experience designing and developing enterprise software
in a team environment
- 2+ years of experience with Java and related technologies like JUnit, Tomcat,
Spring and Hibernate
- 1+ years of experience with creating and consuming RESTful
- Successful leadership of other engineers in a project team environment
- Proven problem solving, execution, and collaboration skills
- Demonstrated motivation and ability to quickly apply new
knowledge and skills to solutions
- Experience applying OO design and related patterns to Production
- Effective communication skills with technical and business partners
- Masters degree in Software Engineering
- Experience delivering software as part of an agile team
- Deep understanding of key application architecture principles
and related best practices
- Familiarity with Legal Technology applications and architecture
- Experience with Westlaw Alerts
- Experience with some of these other Relevant Technologies
- DHTML/XHTML/HTML5, XML, XSLT, CSS, JSON
- SQL (Oracle)
- Oracle Coherence
- C#.NET, NUnit, MSTest, Moq, MVC
- MS Team Foundation Server & Team Build
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 60,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit careers.thomsonreuters.com.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
According to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), the H-1B visa cap has been met for the 2013 fiscal year (October 1, 2012-September 30, 2013).
At Thomson Reuters, we empower our customers to act with confidence in a complex world. Our talented, global workforce makes it possible....