Designs, develops, and manages AIX and Linux systems that are located on multiple servers in a diverse hardware environment across global data centers. Leads multiple, small and large projects on the deployment or upgrade of RGA technology utilizing internal and external resources. Functions as technical lead and mentor for team members on current technologies.
- Provides lead-level technical support for installing, configuring and maintaining AIX and Linux based servers.
- Monitors and tunes the AIX and Linux systems to achieve optimum level of performance. Provides performance data statistics to management and other team members. Leads small and large projects including development of project plans, coordinate/assign team staff and monitor projects against budget and project plans.
- Ensure data/media recoverability by implementing a schedule of system backups and/or archive operations.
- Performs routine hardware and software audits of AIX and Linux based servers for compliance with established standards, policies, configuration guidelines and procedures. Develops and maintains a comprehensive AIX and Linux based hardware and software configuration database/library of all supporting documentationDevelops and maintains effective customer relationships.
- Maintains regular and predictable attendance.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Job Requirements :
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- 8+years experience in IT operating systems or IT system related, etc.
- AIX, Red-Hat Linux.
- Advanced project management skills. Demonstrates an ability to evaluate project objectives and scope for feasibility, understanding, scheduling, and managing projects to budget and plan.
- Advanced ability to translate business needs and problems into systems’ design and technical solutions.
- Advanced interpersonal skills, demonstrating an ability to lead and mentor support staff.
- Complex analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Broad business and finance related knowledge.
- Advanced oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work well within and manage a team environment.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Master’s degree.
- 9+years experience in IT operating systems, IT system-related, etc.
- Insurance industry knowledge.
- Symantec NetBackup, WebSphere, Tivoli EndPoint Manager.