Come join us and find out why Cedars-Sinai has been ranked as one of the top 100 best places to work in IT as ranked by 2012 Computerworld Magazine. Always at the forefront of technologies, Cedars-Sinai is implementing EPIC as its comprehensive electronic medical record system.
The Enterprise Information Services (EIS) team at Cedars-Sinai understands that true clinical transformation and the optimization of a clinical information systems implementation is fueled through the alignment of the right people, processes and technologies.
Currently, we are recruiting for a Lead Systems Engineer.
Responsible for the technical supervision and mentoring of the SI Sys Admin Team in all aspects of design, development, and implementation and ongoing support of the core managed applications. Functions as a technical leader and subject matter expert for the core managed applications. Responsible for resource task assignment, project planning, milestone tracking and strategic planning within the SI Sys Admin Team. Represents the SI Sys Admin team in various technology and architecture related forums and meetings. The candidate for this role will require keen analytical skills, systems knowledge, outstanding interpersonal capabilities, and the ability to lead and mentor teams.
Our compensation package is commensurate with experience and competitive with the marketplace. We provide a comprehensive benefits package, which is designed to meet your needs. As a valued full-time member of our staff, you’ll enjoy outstanding benefits, including health, dental and vision plans plus multiple opportunities to save for retirement. You will also receive 10 paid holidays and 16 PTO (Paid Time Off) days beginning your first year.
Established in 1902, Cedars-Sinai is located in Los Angeles, adjacent to Beverly Hills and West Hollywood. Relocation assistance is available for those who qualify. We have a robust Carpool / Vanpool program and encourage employees to participate.
We have on-going needs for expertise in the following areas:
ADT, ASAP, Beacon, Beaker, BedTime, Bridges, Cadence, Cardiant, Care Everywhere, Clarity, Clinical Documentation, Data Courier, EpicCare Ambulatory, EpicCare Home Health, EpicCare Hospice, EpicCare Inpatient, EpicCare Link, EpicWeb, Haiku, HIM, Identity, Kaleidoscope, MyChart, MyEpic, OpTime, Phoenix, Prelude, Radiant, Reporting Workbench, Resolute, Stork, Tapestry, Welcome, Willow / EpicRx
Epic, Certified, Builder, Implementer, Build, Design, Analyst, Consultant, Workflow Analyst, electronic medical records (EMR) systems, Application Analyst, Applications Coordinator, Applications Specialist, Business Systems Analyst, McKesson, Cerner, Eclipsys, Siemens, GE, Meditech, Epic, Centricity, Allscripts, Nextgen, Greenway, MedAssets, eClinicalWorks, Cloverleaf, IT, Healthcare
Education Certifications/Licensure Experience Physical Abilities
1. Functions as the technical team lead for the core software managed applications. Provides expert guidance, insight and technical leadership for the design, development and delivery lifecycle that includes the following phases:
a. Requirement Assessment: Works with inter-departmental teams to analyze and understand business requirements. Provide technical expertise during the requirements gathering phase of a project. Accurately document new file transfer and faxing requirements, enhancements to existing workflows, and implementation deficiencies that need to be addresssed.
b. Development: Based on requirements, develops workflows using programming languages, scripting languages, on the application platform. Technical solution include, but is not limited to: detailed design documentation, code, configuration files, and other logic.
c. Testing: Leads testing effort through the unit-test and connectivity-test cycles. Performs full end-to-end integration test to gain user acceptance.
d. Migration: Works collaboratively with inter-departmental and cross-departmental resources to migrate the workflows from test environment into the production environment. Provides effective communication across the team as appropriate. Evaluates ITG workflow to ensure all documentation is complete prior to code promotion to production.
2. Functions as technical owner within the SI Sys Admin Team. Manages all technical aspects of projects including resource allocation, creating and assigning tasks, tracking deliverables, and interacting with vendors to resolve software defects.
3. Leads the peer review process, the implementation of quality and process improvements identified by team and management. Proactively identifies issues, researches and prototypes possible solutions. Provides on-going guidance, to management, on how to improve processes and procedures that will continuously improve the performance, health and maintenance of the managed applications.
4. Ensure the team responds within specified SLA (service level agreement) and effectively resolve critical issues on managed applications that are identified by end users, systems integrators, help desk, and operations.
5. Mentors other members of SI Sys Admin Team on all technical aspects, including but not limited to: standards, workflows, messaging concepts, business systems, alerting/alarming, software platform internals, debugging strategies, and performance tuning.
6. Technically responsible for performance, maintenance and support of managed applications that include: enterprise content management, enterprise file transfer platform, enterprise faxing, enterprise job scheduling, clinical data dictionaries, enterprise master person & provider indices. Mentors staff in the development of dashboards, monitoring GUIs, reports, dashboards and other tools as required to ensure the health and peak performance of managed applications.
7. Represents team in various architecture and management meetings, such as: the change control board, the technical architecture board, the technical security-council, and technical vendor meetings.
8. Provides support in the role of a backup to other members of the team.
9. Demonstrates leadership, and fosters collaborative team approach; interacts well with co-workers and management providing consultation and expert advice on systems related topics.
10. Leads team efforts in special projects as assigned by management.
Educational requirements and/or preferences (Licensure, Registration, Certification, Experience, Other):
- BS in CS/EE or related field. MS in CS/EE or related field preferred.
- 8+ years of experience in a complex, multiplatform environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills; able to teach, mentor, and lead
- Able to deal effectively with diverse skill sets and personalities.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, written and presentation skills.
- Creative and organized with a proven ability to prioritize workload, meet deadlines, and utilitize time effectively.
- Expert knowledge of UNIX (AIX), Linux, and Microsoft server operating systems, along with scripting tools (bash, Perl, Powershell), programming languages, utility software, and high availability software on these platforms.
- Expertise with administration and configuration of various application platforms including Apache Tomcat/ JBOSS administration/troubleshooting for managed applications. Preferably under a Linux/Unix environment..
- Expert knowledge of system and application architectures such as client-server and n-tier and typical application-system dependences and APIs.
- Demonstrated expertise with TCP/IP, FTP, Secure FTP, SSH, SMTP, HTTP, DNS, WINS, Active Directory, and related network protocols and services.
- Ability to quickly adapt to new applications, managing the interaction between the application and the OS to ensure optimal performance.
- Expert troubleshooting skills in a multi-platform environment; meticulous with strong attention to detail.
- Executes all job responsibilities and assignments promptly, reliably, honestly, and ethically.
Cedars-Sinai - 19 months ago
One of the largest non-profit academic medical centers in the United States and is renowned for its diagnostic and treatment capabilities.