This ISG Partners client is a leader in industrial process expertise providing a variety of automation, information, process and controls services to utilities, academia and manufacturing organizations. They operate internationally and pride themselves on being an engaging, team-oriented, performance driven place to work.
The individual for this role will be expected to take responsibility for software requirements capture and analysis, design, development, testing, customer acceptance, onsite installation and support for the systems developed by our client. This role will have complete responsibility for the quality, accuracy, and sustainability of the assigned software project. In addition, it is the responsibility of this role to ensure that all assigned work is performed within the agreed constraints, specifically those of time and budget. The development work is likely to involve some customer interaction. In such cases it will be the responsibility of this role to build relationships with the customers in order to provide clear, responsive and timely products and services. The role will also cover presales support and end user training.
Responsible for technical leadership and/or development of customer ordered solution. Responsibilities include design, implementation, testing and startup of technical solutions created by yourself or others. Must collaborate with customers and other associates for best solution, and be willing and able to take direction from project management leaders. This position will require frequent updates to management and customers for work status updates.
This position requires specific and well documented expertise in particular technologies, and has shown an ability to mentor, lead and modify technical solutions involving complex systems.
Position will be located in Akron, OH.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide technical leadership for proposal and estimation development. Extensive research of technical solution may be required. • Write technical project specification and lead technical team in project execution. Lead the architecture of solutions using a variety of software platforms and be accountable for the success of the solution. • Complete ownership of applications and projects, including project margin management and the utilization of other associates. • Must work well within a team environment and provide input and feedback to associates, project managers, and customers. Must provide feedback on difficult technical and commercial solutions. • Provide technical leadership on difficult applications and solutions.
Education and/or Experience:
• Bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science, or equivalent educational background.
• Minimum 6 years of professional software integration/development experience.
• Strong analytical, problem-solving, and conceptual skills • Excellent interpersonal skills for collaboration and teamwork • Excellent organizational skills. • Excellent written and verbal communication skills. • Extensive experience with Wonderware System Platform / ArchestrA • Familiarity with at least one of the following software platforms: Rockwell FactoryTalk View, Rockwell Historian, Rockwell FactoryTalk Transaction Manager, GE Cimplicity, GE Proficy, GE iFix • Experience with communication protocols including TCP/IP and Modbus. • Experience with OPC configuration and integration
• Familiarity with industrial control systems including PLCs and operator interfaces. • Microsoft SQL Server Development and Administration. • Ability to troubleshoot and resolve issues with multi-platform software architectures.
• MES/MOM implementation or similar advanced application development experience. • Experience with product identification technologies including barcodes, RFID, vision, or other. • Oracle Database Development and Administration. • Report Development, including Crystal Reports and MS SQL Server Reporting Services