Two year degree in Child Development required.
• One year of supervisory experience preferred.
• Knowledge of state licensing requirements.
• Current CPR and First Aid certification or ability to obtain within 30 days.
• 18 years of age for Head Teacher/21 years of age for Site Director.
• Meet all child care Head Teacher or Site Director Qualifications as dictated by the state Child Care Division.
• Must pass driver’s license review by insurance carrier, if required to drive for work.
Under the supervision of the Program Director, develop and maintain a safe, developmentally appropriate program for children.
Essential Functions of the Position
• Incorporate and Model our YMCA Christian principles into your work
• Commit to establishing long-term relationships with staff, volunteers, participants, members and families
• Ability to communicate well with children, staff and parents.
• Sense of humor, positive attitude and fairness.
• Ability to work independent as well as create and lead work teams.
• Ability and willingness to obtain and keep current CPR/First Aid certifications.
• Ability and willingness to perform any and all jobs in the program.
• Ability and willingness to participate in 15 hours of job related training annually.
• Ability to sit on floor or child sized chair, stand for 1 hour periods, occasionally lift 50 lbs.
and crouch for 15 minutes.
• Ability to multi task.
• Provide and follow written plans for a well balanced, age appropriate curriculum.
• Supervise assistants and volunteers.
• Maintain a physically and emotionally appropriate environment for children in compliance with state regulations and YMCA standards.
• Maintain a clean and neat environment.
• Supervise children at all times.
• Maintain a high level of interaction with the children.
• Maintain positive interactions with parents/guardians of children.
• Complete all record keeping in an accurate and timely manner.
• Design and implement a daily schedule which includes activities to enhance the development of cognitive, social, emotional and physical skills.
• Maintain positive communication with school personnel.
• Participate in observation, assessment and evaluation of children.
• Adhere to the YMCA principles of love, respect, honesty, service and responsibility.
• Respond appropriately to all and any emergency situations.
• Perform all other duties as assigned by supervisor.
How to Apply
Send completed Employment Application to:
YMCA of Columbia-Willamette - 30+ days ago