NHS Human Services (NHS), through its subsidiaries, is
one of the nation's largest non-profit providers of
community-based human services. With nationally
recognized programs in multiple states, NHS offers a
full range of integrated services to children and adults
in the areas of Mental Health, Intellectual and
Developmental Disabilities, Juvenile Justice, Autism,
Treatment Foster Care, Addictive Diseases, Education,
Eldercare, and Traumatic Brain Injury.
NHS Human Services is seeking energetic and
compassionate people who want to grow their career in
behavioral health services and education as a Lead
Teacher for our NHS School for Autism located in
Altoona, PA. This position will be full time at 37.5
hours per week. The schedule is Monday through Friday,
from roughly 8:30am to 4:00pm. We offer full benefits
with this position. In general this position/person will
be responsible for all components of the NHS Special
Education Teacher‘s job description (rev 2/2011). In
addition to his/her teaching duties the Lead Teacher
will serve as the building leader in the absence of the
- Assume the role and duties of the school director in
systems, keys, medication storage, contracts etc.
- Serve as the Mentor for all new teaching staff.
- Be familiar with the main office including filing
building including alarms, heating, plumbing security
- Be familiar with the “mechanical systems” in the
systems and important contact information.
timelines and advise Director as needed. Monitor and
- Monitor teacher monthly reports for content, accuracy,
assist Director and Lead Support Staff with student
program books, content and compliance.
- In absence of Director, delegate all staff assignments
execute, as needed, in absence of Director.
- Be familiar with the evacuation and crisis plan and
staff, students and parents.
- Provide Q and A for all new staff in the school.
- Advise Director of any and all building concerns from
- Advise Director regarding supplies, materials and
provider schedules in the absence of the Director.
- Monitor and adjust teacher, aide and related service
- Review and monitor IEP Writer for compliance and
- Attend and facilitate IEP meetings per Director.
- Review teacher lesson plans and provide feedback to
- Assist in IRs, PQI, GMP in absence of Director.
- Develop an understanding of the revenue reporting
degree with a minimum of 18 credits in special education
- Bachelors degree in Special education OR a Bachelors
and 6 credits in education theory is required
certification OR a Pennsylvania Special Education
- Must possess either a Pennsylvania Private Academic
Req. Code : NA
Shift/Hours : First Shift (Day)
NHS Human Services - 13 months ago
Northwestern Human Services (operating as NHS Human Services) exists to lend a helping hand to humans throughout the Northeast. The...