Function: Information Systems
Pay Type: Exempt
Position Number: 10688851 Lead Technical Analyst
Employee Type: Full Time
SUMMARY: This position's primary responsibility is to oversee and provide expert direction for technology based processes. This individual's principal goals are to develop and manage specific technical environments for each department andto attain all IT service level agreements for the user community within the organization. The lead will provide direction and support for IT solutions that enhance mission-critical business operations and will work closely with decision makers in other departments to identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support cost-effective solutions for all aspects of the organization.
This person will also help to define and implement IT policies, standards, procedures, and best practices. Responsibilities and duties include: provide technical direction and recommendations to team members and IS management; understand and ensure compliance to IS standards and methodology; recommend and develop plans for systems development and operations; hardware, software and equipment purchases; negotiate with technical personnel and customers for services, products and direction; review and advise groups in the selection, usage and maintenance of technology solutions; other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or other technical area. Equivalent work experience may be acceptable.
Experience: 7+ years of experience in Information Systems or related area; strong knowledge of multiple technologies including but not limited to networking, server based, desktop based and DBMS.
Computer Skills: Advanced knowledge of relevant multi-user computer systems, applications, and/or equipment.
Communication Skills: Excellent written and verbal skills; experience communicating technical information to non-technical team members.
Special Skills: Advanced understanding and experience with a System Development Lifecycle Methodology; experience analyzing and interpreting information systems proposals, and evaluating and developing alternative implementation plans; knowledge of current technology developments and trends; extensive problem solving skills; basic project management capabilities. Position-Specific Requirements * Advanced understanding and experience with a System Development Lifecycle Methodology
Job Specific Skills:
- Advanced experience developing, reviewing, and/or modifying specifications, configurations, and programs to meet specified requirements
- Experience communicating technical information to non-technical team members
- Experience analyzing and interpreting information systems proposals, and evaluating and developing alternative implementation plans
- Experience working productively in a cross functional team
- Advanced knowledge of relevant multi-user computer systems, applications, and/or equipment
- Knowledge of current technology developments and trends
- Extensive problem solving skills
- Experience in reviewing and developing coding standards
- Experience developing and executing integrated test plans
- Possess basic project management capabilities
- Good verbal and above average written skills
- Develop security policies, procedure, and standards requirements to support the full life cycle protection of the user's confidential information.
- Perform application and infrastructure risk assessments and threat modeling.
- Administer vulnerability scans and coordinate remediation activities.
- Research, recommend, deploy and integrate the security tools and processes needed to protect the user's information assets and infrastructure.
- Review application security designs and drive implementation of recommendations through project teams.
- Perform periodic testing for compliance with documented security policies, procedures, and standards Initiate, facilitate, and promote activities to foster Information Security awareness globally.
- Monitor advancements in Information Security technologies, legislation and threats.
- Support the implementation of Information Security standards such as ISO and NIST.
The individual must have a technical background, and be able to understand network, operating system, database and application development design and support.
- Core Vertical experience in as many of the following as possible: Unix Security, Windows Security, Network Security.
- Experience with the following platforms at plus: Palo Alto & Checkpoint firewalls, Juniper SSL, Entrust, Cisco ASA, f5 Big IP, RSA, Radware Linkproof, IPS/IDS technologies.
- Advanced knowledge of security technologies such as vulnerability management, intrusion detection/prevention, log monitoring, and forensic analysis.
- Advanced communication, documentation, prioritization and change management skills.
- A minimum of 7 years of Information Technology experience with at least 4 years of Information Security experience.
- Bachelor's degree required and a CISSP and / or CISM certification preferred.
- 22 months ago - save job
With its bullish attitude, Tyson is more than chicken. One of the largest US chicken producers, Tyson's Fresh Meats division makes...