Lead Technical Architect –Loyalty Platform-13005735
This new position will ensure the timely delivery of all technology infrastructure, support and operations for the growing loyalty business. Working across multiple technology teams and time zones, you will be accountable for aspects of the infrastructure for this platform/line of business including delivery and operational support. In the first instance this will involve delivering the infrastructure and support model for a major market launch in early 2014 working closely with other technology delivery teams across the full Systems Development Life Cycle. You will manage a variety of internal and external team members and use a methodology-driven quality plan in terms of deliverables, cost, scope and schedule. You will liaise closely with Integrator and architecture teams and ensure that the solutions delivered meet customer and corporate standards.
The Lead Technical Architect (LTA) position will determine the technical and strategic direction of platform(s) and application(s), provide consulting expertise, leverage business and technical knowledge to support business strategies, and deliver business value. Plays an integral role in building and enhancing the infrastructure required to support the platform(s) or set of applications in terms of robustness, scalability, availability, and efficiency. The LTA will work with Technical and Business Architects providing direction for hosting development, test, and production environments leveraging service capability organizations and hardware and software vendors. Incumbent will leverage business and technical knowledge (platform performance management, enterprise monitoring services, ITIL processes, etc.) for the effective use of technology to support AET business strategies and deliver business value to infrastructure services customers.
The qualified candidate will have extensive experience providing technical strategy in an environment with heterogeneous operating systems (Windows, Linux). Must have a strong knowledge of midrange management tools (VMware, Citrix, BMC Patrol, NetBackup) and application tools (SQL Server, Oracle). Self-motivation and strong communication skills, both verbal and written, are key attributes for this position. Candidates must have 5+years of experience in infrastructure hosting and should possess experience in working in a fast paced environment with changing requirements which are based on business demand.
Preferred Additional: Given the dynamic nature of this role it is expected that suitable candidates display the following attributes: - Sound analysis skills; you should have experience being able to interpret and understand different business models quickly (including external businesses), comprehend key technical requirements and seek appropriate technical solutions and service operations. "Delivering on the Promise" is the key aspect of this role - Appropriate, mature and engaging relationship management and communication skills will ensure you can understand, interpret and be understood and that you contribute to the growth of the relationship with internal and external customers. Experience with Oracle based solutions would be beneficial. Occasional overseas travel may be needed and reasonable notice will be provided when this occurs.
- Typically holds a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field (or has equivalent work experience)
- Has prior experience in multiple IT disciplines with a proven understanding of architectural concepts (data, technical, and solution), issues and trends
- Effective consultative skills across a multi-functional environment
- Familiar with architecture frameworks such as TOGAF (The Open Group Architecture Framework)
- Requires advanced to expert level knowledge and understanding of architecture, applications systems design and integration with a detailed understanding of applicable programming methodologies
- Extensive experience using a systems analysis and design methodology and an excellent understanding of industry trends and tools
- Advanced knowledge of delivering a LAMP solution
- High Level of understanding SAN, Networking, and virtual environments technologies
- College degree or equivalent experience
Job: Amex Technologies
Primary Location: US-Arizona-Phoenix
American Express - 22 months ago
Each day, American Express makes it easier, safer and more rewarding for consumers and businesses to purchase the things they need and for...