Lead Technical Engineer Level I – Network Administration (CH):
The Lead Technical Engineer—Level I provides advanced technical support and assistance to a broad customer base, specializing in a wide range of products and services. Proactively detect anomalies and performance issues, and bring to resolution to the full satisfaction of our customers and associates. Utilize test tools and equipment to diagnose and isolate the cause of service interruptions on the Catholic Health Network. Work with engineering team members to perform a full range of complex network designs encompassing multiple technologies and make recommendations to project managers regarding the integration of these technologies into the existing network while working with senior staff to ensure platform stability and standardization of implementations. Associates will also have responsibility for mentoring Networking staff for the purpose of support, monitoring, troubleshooting, and knowledge development.
REPORTS TO: Vice President of Networking and Technical Services or Business Unit Managers as assigned.
There are no direct reports to this position. Duties call for the management of projects which involves coordinating the work of fellow employees not directly supervised, which affects one or more departments operations. Supervision of others is routine for IT associates, consultants, contractors or interns. This includes supporting management in performance planning and appraisal of other associates. Guidance given to other IT associates is frequent.
SKILL AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS (MINIMUM):
- Bachelor of Science or Arts in Computing or related field strongly preferred.
- In lieu of the Bachelors degree an Associates Degree in Computer Science or related field and one or more of the following certifications will be acceptable:
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) & Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP).
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP)
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Certified Information Security Officer (CISA)
- Information Systems Security Engineering Professional (ISSEP)
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) and one of the following: A+, Network+ or Security+.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelors: minimum three (3) – five (5) years of related experience required, or
- Associates: minimum seven (7) years progressive Health IT Engineering experience.
- One (1) – two (2) years in a supervisory capacity
- Some experience in a healthcare setting is preferred.
- Candidate must specialize in one or more of the following:
- Voice Over IP/Telephony Engineer
- Security Administration
- Data Center Administration
- SQL Administration
- Windows Administration
- Network Administration
- Backup Administration
- Virtualization Administration
- Storage Administration
- Experience directly in medium to large network environments, and personal computer support
- Experience in a healthcare setting is also recommended and preferred
- Travel to remote sites as appropriate to participate in data center operations, server installs, and engineering team and project meetings.
- Participate in on-call rotational 7 x 24 pager duty. Respond to emergency IT situations as they occur (including during non-scheduled work time)