As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors. With approximately 24,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services. General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
Leads team of four help desk technicians.
Associates Degree in a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
- Network access (login, file and print services, web access).
- OCS Live Meeting support.
- Mobile computing device issues requiring touch labor.
- Workstation security (e.g., patching).
- Workstation software install/troubleshooting (e.g., email).
- Ticket lifecycle management.
- User account maintenance/support.
- Maintain proficiency in current technological trends, operating systems.
- Achieve and maintain 8570 certifications, etc.
- File and account maintenance.
- Workstation file/profile recoveries.
- Workstation/SDC builds/rebuilds/imaging.
- Assists in software configuration management.
- Software and hardware upgrades and revisions.
- Assists in system analysis to resolve configuration and equipment problems.
- Provide recommendation to return sites to an operational status.
- Troubleshoot hardware, software and network problems.
- Software and hardware maintenance, patches, and tech refresh installs, as directed.
- Liaison for support of unresolved network system trouble calls by working with other service desks. (Information on all help desks for all systems will be provided by the Government.)
- Attend government called In-Progress Reviews (IPRs), technical meetings, and briefings in support of the command and control and network support systems.
- Coordinate, as technical liaison, technical requirements with the government Technical Point of Contact (TPOC).
- Report volumes, resolutions times, and other information identified by the local Accountable Officer (AO) on the Monthly Status Reports. The government CFP software may be able to provide data for reporting.
- Assist with local user training and training assistances, perform initial fault assessment and resolution. Assist in working, coordinating, documenting, resolving, and closing trouble tickets when tasked and coordinate activities with Client Support Technicians (CSTs).
- Manage the AFNet Remedy queues located at and/or supporting the base/users.
- Base level support will include those tasks required by the AFNet related to user support as Information Assurance Officers (IAOs) as tasked.
- Utilize Remedy Management System (RMS) or similar service, maintain historical database of reported problems, and associated events, provide the local AO with statistics of calls received, number of trouble tickets submitted, average resolution time, listing of technical bulletins and information guides issued, and trend analysis information.
- Preparation and coordination with user and the government, reports of software, operational, or documentation deficiencies.
5-8 years of directly related experience supporting help desk operations.
Requires an active Secret security clearance.
Requires a current Comptia Security Plus certification.
Generally dynamic, General Dynamics is a prime military contractor to the Pentagon (the US government accounts for about 70% of sales). The...