Lead Technician, QC-QUA003263
Merck is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and consumer health products, as well as animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of people like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
The primary purpose of this position is to perform advanced-level laboratory and support procedures for the testing of veterinary biologicals according to strict government and company imposed guidelines. Must be able to evaluate and perform this testing in the assigned areas. May be required to act as a group leader.
Minimum Education Requirement:
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- BS/BA degree in Microbiology or related science with a minimum of 3 years relevant laboratory experience; Associates degree with a minimum of five years of relevant work experience; HS diploma or GED with a minimum of seven years relevant work experience
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Merck's benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives.
- Proficiency with advanced laboratory techniques and procedures relating to 9CFR testing of veterinary biologicals.
- Working knowledge of cGMPs
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions and work independently
- Ability to work in a team environment with people from other departments.
- Must have good planning and organization skills to handle multiple projects.
- Good mathematical and written skills.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to assume additional technical responsibilities with minimum supervision.
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, M/F/D/V – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Former Military, Transitioning Service Members, and National Guard & Reserves - We value your past and present service.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes ted by search firms to any employee at Merck via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, M/F/D/V – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations. Former Military, Transitioning Service Members, National Guard & Reserves - We value your past and present service.
Job: Quality Lab Related
Job Title : Lead Technician
Primary Location: NA-US-MN-Worthington
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Merck makes medicines for a number of maladies, from stuffy noses and asthma to hypertension and arthritis. The...