The Lead User Interface Developer will, under general direction, lead the analysis, design and implementation of user interfaces for web-based and mobile applications. The Lead User Interface Developer will use existing skills and experience to create and deliver high quality, usable software. This position reports to the Director of Application Systems and typically has seven or more years of user interface development experience.
- Leads the user interface design function, including gathering of usability requirements from business customers, building user-interface prototypes, programming user-interfaces, conducting usability testing, and performing stakeholder review sessions.
- Develops design mockups, usage scenarios, user interface specifications, navigation maps, and other design artifacts.
- Ensures overall user interface consistency and creates user interface design components that can be extended and reused.
- Responsible for all phases of usability testing across multiple devices.
- Develops according to user interface style standards and design practices, as well as remains knowledgeable about emerging user interface standards and trends.
- Collaborates with other application developers to connect rich client interfaces to Back End business logic/rules.
- Participates in all phases of the software development life cycle.
- Manages time across multiple projects and tasks in a deadline-driven collaborative team environment.
- Ensures that all applications are developed using best security practices and standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Four-year degree in Computer Science or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and relevant business experience.
- Seven or more years of experience in mobile and web-based design/development with specific expertise in user-centered design.
- Comprehensive knowledge of user-centered design methodology, user scenario development, usability testing techniques, and prototype development.
- Familiarity with user-centered design principles.
- Experienced in building interfaces that consume APIs.
- Experienced with agile development methodologies.
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills.
- Effective written and presentation skills.
- Experience with.NET, MVC 3/4 frameworks, and Visual Studio IDE preferred.
- Experience in the hospitality or travel industries preferred.
ComputerJobs.com - 17 months ago