Consumer Media Network (CMN) is a Houston-based tech startup with offices in downtown Houston, Seattle, and New Jersey. CMN specializes in web development and internet marketing in a variety of verticals.
CMN.com levels the playing field giving consumers the power they need to make informed decisions about their most important purchases. Our industry-specific consumer experts advocate for the American consumer, tell the truth about scams, and highlight the best deals on online education, insurance, communication services, and more.
Consumer Media Network is looking for a passionate Lead Web/User Interface Designer that can bring decisive expertise to our portfolio of consumer-facing websites. This person is a well-rounded designer who has to command of several different facets of the role: working closely with our Marketing team's defined targeted audiences, and emphasizing a branded approach based on this demographic; being able to employ a sound understanding of UI/UX standards and Responsive design, so that we're able to continually improve the best experience for our users; the ability to consider the importance of unseen elements such as load time, behavior, error states, etc., in order to continually improve our sites' performance; and lastly, being comfortable interacting with and learning from multiple facets of the organization, from Content to Marketing, and from Technology to Business Data, in order to learn not just the "How's" but also the "Why's" of the business.
- Work with the Marketing team to understand the project objectives: core audience, marketing and content strategy, timelines.
- Work with the Producer to shape a branded approach for each product.
- Work with the Content team to create the appropriate Information Architecture for each product.
- Work with Technology and Development to help ensure proper site deployment.
- Work with the Business Intelligence team in order to run A/B testing for improved User Experience.
- Minimum 5 years experience. (Experience and successful projects are more important than education)
- Strong knowledge in responsive web design
- Understand the importance of the unseen elements: load time, behavior, error states, "bulletproof design", etc.
- Ability to organize and structure content. (Information Architecture)
- Business-driven design choices.
- Passion-driven, self-motivated growth.
- Deliver projects from start to finish: Information Architecture, Prototyping, UX, UI. (The complete product cycle)
- Working knowledge of Adobe Illustrator/Photoshop. (Premiere a plus)
- Strong understanding of typography.
- Ability to effectively pitch, present, and communicate design decisions
Benefits and Perks
- 15-inch MacBook Pro, 27-inch Thunderbolt Display and your choice of
mouse or trackpad/tablet.
- Medical and dental
- Extremely competitive salary
- Flexible hours and vacation time
- Performance bonuses
Please include cover letter, resume, and a link to your portfolio. Applications without all 3 elements included will not be considered.
Indeed - 5 months ago
Consumer Media Network specializes in web development and internet marketing in a variety of verticals across the web.