Sr. Weblogic Administrator/Lead Middleware Architect|
Responsible for participating as a technical expert in project teams, troubleshooting operational issues, providing technical solutions to operational problems, contributing to new products implementation, implementing existing products and services, and providing the overall upkeep and maintenance of designated areas of engineering.
- Interfaces with vendors, Engineering, and peer operations organizations. Acts in compliance with industry and Company technical requirements, standards, policies, and procedures.
- Provides technical leadership to junior Engineers and project teams. Integrates knowledge of business and functional priorities. Acts as a key contributor in a complex and crucial environment.
- Does not have any direct supervisory responsibilities. May direct workflow and act as a technical lead. May lead teams or projects and shares expertise.
- Core Responsibilities
- Drives issues through closure engaging all appropriate resources. Leads technical bridges and provides troubleshooting direction. Provides guidance and recommended solutions to complex technical issues.
- Acts as an advocate for Engineering Operations procedures, policies, and processes. Ensures projects are fully integrated into the operations environment including lifecycle problem management from front line CARE through Engineering.
- Creates data and metric systems to track operational workflows; maintains records of results and feedback. Analyzes data and metrics, identifies problem areas, and provides actionable insight to management.
- Provides input to engineering and vendors on defects and required enhancements. Attains all relevant industry standard technical certifications.
- Reports performance related to operations and project status to management. Identifies and recommends areas requiring change or modification.
- Performs complex and routine maintenance tests for designated areas of engineering. Identifies and isolate issues. Ensures that all maintenance is properly validated to minimize subscriber impact to (ideally) zero.
- Serves as team lead on multiple projects, often spanning different engineering disciplines within the organization.
- Leads the integration of projects into operations including instrumentation, automation, standardization, and methods/procedures.
- Expert knowledge and application of project management skills, process design and redesign skills.
- Applies advanced engineering methodologies in one or more engineering areas.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
Lead Weblogic Adminstirator
- Familiarity with Linux administration – past experience as a system administrator a plus
- Weblogic (up to 11g) experience to include: installation, configuration, deployment, performance tuning, and trouble shooting. Candidate should be comfortable with being looked upon as a weblogic subject matter expert within the team.
- Scripting experience in Bash and WSLT at a minimum, experience with automating weblogic processes a must.
- Ability to learn quickly and mentor junior resources as needed.
- Ability to lead short term technical projects to fruition, ability to serve as the liaison between ESP other technical teams
- Monitoring tools such as Wily Introscope, Nagios or other enterprise monitoring tool
- ALSB/Oracle Service Bus experience is preferred
- Experience with enterprise-level platforms
CareerBuilder - 10 months ago