Job Title: Lead and/or Digital HVAC Technician
Reports To: Maintenance Supervisor and/or Director of Building an dGrounds
Terms of Employment: 12 Month per Year, Full Time
Salary Classfication: MIII, $21.54
Nature and Scope of Job:
Perform duties of repair, installation and maintenance of building structures providing a safe, comfortable, and attractive environment for the district facilities.
1. Coordinates, supervises and participates in new installations and/or repairs of electrical and mechanical equipment.
2. Ability to operate electrical testing equipment, torches/soldering irons, compression tools, and/or other equipment associated with the trade..
3. Ability to work off ladders and scaffolding and to erect both.
4. Ability to interpret, plans and sketches in carrying out projects.
5. Respond to page calls from Physical Plant, as quickly as possible, on emergency maintenance problems, and required to routinely be on call after hours.
6. Assist in procuring necessary supplies and materials for electrical repairs.
7. Ability to trouble shoot and repair defective equipment and materials.
8. Knowledge of general maintenance, proper use of safety equipment and the keeping clean of work areas.
9. Desire to learn and strive for self-development.
10. Responsible for establishing and implementing a comprehensive preventative maintenance program.
11. Ability to act with general instructions and learn tasks of considerable variety and complexity.
12. Ability to maintain required drivers license.
1. Ability to communicate clearly with district emplyees and the public.
2. Available to work unscheduled hours.
3. Abilityto work with other trades in the maintenance department.
4. Assist in training of mainteance staff.
5. Other duties as assigned.
EMPLOYEES ARE HELD ACCOUNTABLE FOR ALL DUTIES OF THIS JOB
Knowledge, Skills and Mental Ability:
1. Three years successful experience in HVAC/electrical maintenance work.
2. Ability to establish interpersonal relationships with individuals at all levels.
Minimum Requirements (Education, License, Certification, Experience or Formal Training):
1. High School Diploma or Equivalent.
2. Three years successful experience in HVAC (including Freon certificates) and/or State of Wyoming journeyman licensed electrician.
3. Demonstrates a minimum aptidude for successfully performing tasks of th kinds listed under ssentila functions and other functions.
4. Ability to get Freon certification within three months of hire.
All equipment related to maintenance responsibilties, such as: automobile, ladders, scaffolding, hand tools, power tools mechanic tools as required to perform the various jobs as assigned.
1. Lower body strngth ot stand or walk thorughout the day.
2. Upper body strength to lift 85 pounds and carry 100 feet.
3. Climb various ladders and scaffolding and erect.
1. Moderate exposure ot weather extremes from minus 40 degrees Fahrenheit to positive 110 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Frequent exposure to various airborne particles, sawdust, insulation, abrasives, and common dust.
k12jobspot.com - 30+ days ago