Provides direct technical and professional assistance to assigned team members. Acts as first line contact in production and support operations and gives guidance and direction to team members, as well as assures adherence to company policies and procedures. Supports and promotes Lean practices and principles through continuous improvement activities.
Essential Job Functions:
• Promote and help maintain a safe work environment.
• Provide training for employees and assist in identifying and resolving technical or process related problems including set ups and production/tooling needs.
• Ensure the quality of work performed complies with established standards.
• Address the coordination of production and production priorities.
• Attend the daily lean meeting and provide information concerning personnel and manufacturing concerns.
• Maintain visual communication boards.
• Act as a liaison to supervision and management by communicating problems or issues impacting production as needed.
• Manage both scheduled and unscheduled maintenance needs.
• Share job related knowledge and experience in order to promote cross training and skill development among team members.
• Lead by example by demonstrating high standards in safety, quality and productivity.
• Advise Production Manager of employee relations matters including adherence to Company policies and procedures
• Assist in preparation of Standard Work Instructions.
• Provide support for lean manufacturing and continuous improvement initiatives, companywide
• Other duties, reporting, special assignments or projects as needed and assigned.
• Minimum 3 years manufacturing production experience.
• Demonstrated ability to independently troubleshoot and problem solve
• Desire to direct, coach, and develop others’ capabilities and a commitment to developing the personal leadership skills needed to do so effectively
• Ability to communicate professionally both verbally and in writing
• Intermediate level computer skills; proficiency with Microsoft Office products, ERP systems, internet, etc.
• High school diploma required.
• Advanced training in technical field, business management, and/or continuous improvement preferred.