As a member of the Fab 8 MCE Learning & Development team, you will contribute to team development, cooperate with other departments, and find ways to improve our learning systems and business processes. Our learning systems facilitate technical and non-technical learning and development initiatives for administrators, technicians, engineers, managers, and senior leaders.
In this position you will assist in the planning, design, development, and implementation of learning systems that are reliable, meet customer needs, and are delivered on time and within the specified budget parameters. You will participate in the administration, standardization, and customization of learning systems and their content. You will have the opportunity to work with our learning management system (PeopleSoft ELM) and our web portal (Microsoft SharePoint) as well. You will likely be involved in some basic, repetitive tasks in Microsoft Office with the opportunity to creatively improve and automate such tasks.
- Perform needs analysis and define requirements for learning systems projects.
- Design, develop, and implement learning systems content, features, and functionality.
- Improve learning and development business processes.
- Develop documentation and standard operating procedures.
- Data entry of training records to ensure learning profiles are up to date and accurate
- Enrolled in a bachelor’s degree program in information technology, engineering, or business
- Completion of courses in software development and database administration
- Junior-level software development and database administration skills
- Exceptional analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to communicate well across all levels of the organization
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and react to shifting priorities
- Ability to meet deadlines and commitments
- Experience automating Microsoft Excel (formulas & VBA) and Access (SQL & VBA)
- Experience improving/automating business processes
- Experience writing technical documentation (instructions, manuals, specifications, etc.)
GLOBAL FOUNDRIES is the world’s first full-service semiconductor foundry with a truly global footprint. Launched in March 2009, the company has quickly achieved scale as the second largest foundry in the world, providing a unique combination of advanced technology and manufacturing to more than 160 customers. With operations in Singapore, Germany and the United States, GLOBALFOUNDRIES is the only foundry that offers the flexibility and security of manufacturing centers spanning three continents. The company’s three 300mm fabs and five 200mm fabs provide the full range of process technologies from mainstream to the leading edge. This global manufacturing footprint is supported by major facilities for research, development and design enablement located near hubs of semiconductor activity in the United States, Europe and Asia. GLOBALFOUNDRIES is owned by the Advanced Technology Investment Company (ATIC).
For more information on GLOBALFOUNDRIES, visit www.globalfoundries.com
GLOBAL FOUNDRIES is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action (EEO/AA) employer Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran (M/F/D/V).