Manage the Design of UNDP Online Courses
Ensure that the courses developed by the OHR/LRC/Design Lab are developed following the standards for each category of design. The Learning Analyst will work closely with the Design Lab Team Leader, internal SMEs, online course vendors and clients during different stages of the development process: Prototype, Storyboarding, Alpha, Beta and Gold versions.
- Develop a positive relationship with the subject matter experts, vendors, clients, and key support groups involved in the development life cycle in order to effectively manage the online development process;
- Analyze learning needs;
- Define the learning objectives in line with UNDP staff competency matrix so that staff would be equipped with knowledge and skills needed to build their competency;
- Identify design options: based on the above, as well as time frame and budget, the Learning Analyst will propose the appropriate online learning option amongst Rapid eLearning, Classic, High-end Design, and mock-ups, to discuss with internal clients and stakeholders;
- Revise the High Level Design Document, including project timelines, responsibilities and budget;
- Maintain Instructional Design standards for courses deployed by Design Lab;
- Ensure the design of the modules is complaint with technical standards.
- Assist SMEs with technical issues they may face during the revision of assets.
Supervise and Develop Multimedia Production
The Learning Analyst will ensure the multimedia elements in the course present ethical and cultural diversity policies and practices. S/He will also produce multimedia files to supplement the content.
Usability Testing and Development of Course Assessments
- Revise and approve graphic design, interface, functionalities, and course map;
- Search for multimedia objects to support the instructional design such as pictures, videos, audio (music, voices), and produce multimedia content to communicate important messages from management;
- Coordinate the production of media files when needed for online projects
Ensure that courses followed appropriate consistent design standards. Responsibilities:
Manage and Support Webinars and Other Virtual Learning Activities
- Revise, test and approve all materials developed with the external vendors (Prototype, SBs, Alpha, Beta and Gold versions) and liaise with the SMEs for revisions and approval;
- Manage usability testing and prepare reports with feedback and follow-up on recommendations;
- Liaise with Learning Management System team for final testing, creation of assessments in the LMS or in Articulate;
- Troubleshoot basic technical functionalities.
OHR/LRC supports the roll-out of major organizational initiatives and policies by training staff around the world with synchronous/asynchronous communication methodologies and tools, including webinars. The Learning Analyst will work with the LRC team and stakeholders on the design and implementation of the webinars and other conferencing tools.
Evaluate Online Courses and Learning Programmes:
- Work with the facilitators, project managers, vendors to ensure proper setup of the content and availability of all required content/tools on the site;
- Develop communications and announcements of upcoming training sessions;
- Manage registrations and track completions status;
- Oversee the rapid elearning online production of webinar content if required;
- Support participant interaction with facilitators and other participants;
- Monitor and record presentation and discussions if necessary.
The Learning Analyst should obtain a comprehensive understanding of evaluation process for online courses and learning programmes. S/he will conduct evaluation at Kirkpatrick’s model Level 2 and 3.
- Organization of and participation in the presentation of trainings for the CO and HQs HR focal points on Agreed Separations issues
- Synthesis of lessons learnt and best practices in the HR management of Agreed Separations.
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
- Important for successful performance in organizational culture e.g. core values and commitments
- Demonstrates commitment to UNDP mission, vision and values.
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
- Leads or contributes effectively in team-based activities; displays open, co-operative behavior
- Focuses on impact and results for the client, promoting and living by an ethic of client service
- Analyzes problems carefully and logically, leading to fact-based and practical recommendations
- Effectively applies existing knowledge to improve performance
Knowledge Management and Learning
- Shares knowledge and experience
- Encourages office staff to share knowledge and contribute to UNDP practice areas
- Actively works towards continuing personal learning and development in one or more Practice Areas, acts on learning plan and applies newly acquired skills
Development and Operational Effectiveness
- Knowledge of Instruction Design methodologies and learning solutions.
- Ability to perform a broad range of specialized activities related to Learning
- Design and production of multimedia assets compatible with UNDP Learning Management System.
- Strong IT skills
- Understanding and knowledge of eLearning technologies such as content authoring tools.
- Knowledge of e-learning standards for sharing and re-packaging content.
- Communicate effectively with clients and vendors on design and functionality issues.
- Strong organizational skills, time management and follow through skill and the ability to handle multiple tasks effectively.
- Technical knowledge of Synchronous and Asynchronous virtual classrooms deliveries
Leadership and Self-Management
- Focuses on result for the client and responds positively to feedback
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexity
Required Skills and Experience
- Advanced University degree in Learning Technology, Education Technologies or other related discipline with a direct relationship to building and delivering learning products and services.
- Minimum 2 years professional experience Designing online courses, Assessment, Synchronous and Asynchronous Virtual Tools with Web 2.0 components and various learning technology software applications and authoring tools.
- Relevant experience should also include knowledge in at least one of the following areas:
- Instructional technology, Instructional design. Development/Learning.
- Previous work within the UN system is also an advantage.
- Fluency in English required. Proficiency in another UN language an asset.
Click here for important information for US Permanent Residents ('Green Card' holders).
UNDP - 13 months ago
The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is the United Nations' global development network. It advocates for change and connects...