Where Creating the Best Hope for a Healthier Future Begins...
In this strategic role, you will work in collaboration with University leadership and key stakeholders, to consult, design, develop and deliver management, leadership and professional development solutions to strengthen our organizational effectiveness; drawing upon the world-class talent and organization strengths within our university. Drive organizational effectiveness and change by leading projects including strategic learning and development programs, an employee engagement survey, performance management, orientation programming and other ongoing departmental initiatives.
Our Ideal Candidate should have:
- Direct experience in building and maintaining effective relationships with all levels of the organization;
- Proven success in designing, implementing and delivering management, leadership and professional development solutions that drive organizational improvement and success;
- Proven ability to lead complex, organization-wide projects and initiatives with multiple stakeholders and clients in a collaborative manner;
- Experience in developing creative solutions to problems without precedent;
- Thorough familiarity with change management models and techniques, and direct experience leading change management efforts as part of project implementation, business transformation or acquisition integrations;
- Drive-for-results orientation with the ability to translate complex, strategic topics into specific, understandable goals, tactics, action plans and deliverables.
Located in the prestigious Texas Medical Center, UTHealth is the most comprehensive academic health science institution in the Southwestern United States; the only one in Texas with six schools -offering programs in biomedical science, dentistry, health informatics, medicine, nursing, and public health. With more than 6,500 employees and faculty and almost 5,000 students, the Human Resources department is a key partner in the university's success. We offer superior benefits and a progressive working environment. UTHealth has also been consistently ranked as one to the top employers in Houston as well as among the best for work / life balance.
Additional Summary Specific to Job
Proven success in designing, implementing and delivering management, leadership and professional development solutions that drive organizational improvement and success;
Excellent instructional design and strong group dynamics and facilitation skills
Proven ability to lead complex, organization-wide projects and initiatives with multiple stakeholders and clients in a collaborative manner;
Solid working knowledge of Human Resource functions
Six sigma lean methodology skills preferred.
PHR or SPHR preferred.
Bachelor's degree in business administration, education, psychology, personnel management, or related field AND five (5) years of Learning and Development experience.
Successful candidates will have strong experience in instructional design, program development and consulting, in particular, broad and deep experience in a majority of the following areas:
- Organization design and development
- Business process consultation
- Organizational diagnostics; Needs analysis
- Individual assessment and coaching
- Leading and driving change initiatives
- Project management; Six sigma lean methodology
- Strong leadership and facilitation skills
-Designing and implementing leadership and management development programs
- Strong business acumen
- Solid working knowledge of Human Resource functions
Established in 1972 by The University of Texas System Board of Regents, The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth)...