University of Wisconsin - Eau Claire
Learning and Technology Services
Emerging Technology Services Support
A full-time professional academic staff position is available in the UW-Eau Claire Learning and Technology Services unit as Emerging Technology Services Support. The official title is Information Processing Support, and the position has an anticipated start date of June 1, 2013. This is a renewable position, based on satisfactory performance.
This position operates under general supervision and is part of the Projects and Software Systems team in Learning and Technology Services.
LTS provides the campus community with instructional and informational technology tools as well as a robust networking infrastructure and the support to foster all aspects of student learning and academic excellence. LTS strives to be a unit of dedicated and motivated people that, through collaboration with the University community, provides and supports the effective use of informational and instructional technologies to advance curriculum and enhance student learning.
Basic Functions and Responsibilities:
- This position will at times be responsible for, and at other times be part of a team providing mobile computing and emerging technology support for our campus. Support will include framework and software application delivery for smart phones (such as iPhones, and Android devices), tablets (such as iPads and Windows 8 tablets), laptops, and netbooks.
- The ideal candidate will be able to help with integrating applications into our backend systems.
- This multifaceted position will work with LTS technical staff, development staff, our help desk, faculty, staff, and student groups, to gather feedback and provide training and documentation.
- This position will be conducting research into the latest trends in mobile computing and emerging technologies and integrating UW-Eau Claire¿s mobile strategy with various services we provide such as our Campus Solutions student administration system, Desire2Learn, public website, intranet, our student learning environment, our home-grown applications and with a wide variety of third-party applications.
- Must have at least one year of experience working with technology and faculty in an academic environment.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Letter of application
- Names and contact information for at least three professional references.
Please submit materials in PDF format.
Apply online at http://www.uwec.edu/Employment/uweccareers.htm by following the instructions. (Click on our position vacancy¿Learning and Technology Services: Emerging Technologies ID #9012) and then click the "Apply Now" button. You must create an account and login before you can apply. If you have not yet registered, click on the "Click here to Register" link to begin the registration process. If you are already a registered user, input your "User Name" and "Password" and select "Login.") Your application will not be considered complete until all required documents are attached and all required fields are completed.
If you have application questions, please email email@example.com .
The priority deadline for applications is May 10, 2013. However, screening may continue until the position is filled.
A criminal background check will be required prior to employment.
University of Wisconsin System - 11 months ago