We are looking to find an experienced Leasing Consultant for our Luxury AA Community located within a growing Baltimore Suburb. If you want to work at a brand new, luxury community for a sunstantial base salary, amazing commission structure and full benefits...then apply today!
Candidates with a college degree, previous conventional property management experience and a drive for success can expect a very lucrative base salary and commission structure of up to $70,000.
The overall objective of the Leasing Consultant position is to develop and maintain a high physical occupancy by focusing their efforts on the attraction and retention of qualified residents to the community. The right person will be outgoing, sales-minded, professional and understands what it takes to be successful.
Reports to: Leasing Manager, Community Manager
MAJOR FUNCTIONS OF THIS JOB INCLUDE:
1. General office duties.
- Assist in lease transactions by typing leases, gathering applicant history and credit approvals.
- Provide general clerical assistance to the community office (i.e., answer telephone, writing work orders, typing and filing).
2. Community Leasing.
- Greet prospects and determine needs and wants. Complete digital guest card.
- Tour property by showing model or ready vacant apartments. Highlight amenities (i.e., pool, clubhouse and fitness center) and close the sale. Have prospect complete all application paperwork and secure deposit and application fee.
- Obtain required information to process applications for approval (i.e., credit check, rental history and employment verification).
- Once approved by Community Manager, type lease and applicable addendums. Insure apartment is ready for move-in on agreed date.
- Follow up on prospects unable to close (i.e., phone calls, thank you notes and e-mails) attempt to close sale again. If not viable prospect for our community, work to send the prospect to a sister property to meet their needs without losing them to a competitor.
- Secure new resident signature(s) on appropriate paperwork prior to move-in.
- Review and orient new residents to the community’s specific rules, regulations and policies.
- Write and distribute resident notices as needed.
3. Resident Relations.
- Residents may call or visit in person and will require the Leasing Consultant to listen respectfully to their requests, complaints and comments.
- Respond accordingly to rectify the situation after discussing with the Property Manager when required. Ensure consistency with Residents on all matters.
- Enforce Community Policies.
4. Community Marketing.
Work with Leasing Manager and VP of Marketing to consistently drive qualified traffic.
5. Attendance is an essential job function.
OTHER ASPECTS OF THE JOB:
Leasing Consultant may be required to assist in special projects or activities. This job description is not an all inclusive list of functions and tasks. Job functions may be added, deleted, or modified at any time by your management team. Receipt or possession of this job description does not constitute a contract of employment.
EDUCATION AND MANDATORY SKILLS:
- College Degree Required
- Proficient computer skills.
- Previous Leasing Experience at Luxury A Community is preferred.
- RealPage Onesite or Yardi Experience preferred.
- Experience using Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, Publisher, Powerpoint and Outlook.
- Basic knowledge of Fair Housing laws.
EXPERIENCE AND INDUSTRY KNOWLEDGE:
Position requires a minimum one year experience in Customer Service/Sales related industry.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Job requires mobility to climb stairs to tour, show and inspect apartments on a daily basis. Will use repetitive motion of hands and wrist while using a computer on a daily basis. Normal range of vision is required to complete applications, leases, and general paperwork. Normal range of hearing and speech required to communicate with residents, vendors, supervisors and coworkers on the telephone or in person on a regular basis.
TYPICAL MENTAL DEMANDS:
Must be able to read and write English at a high school level to complete paperwork, prepare reports and interpret instructions. Must have mathematical skills at high school level to calculate pro-rated rents, late fees and deposits. Must be able to apply common sense understanding on a continual basis to determine actions, priorities and prepare computer reports. Decisions are based on standard operating procedures with few deviations. Will have regular contact with all levels of internal and external customers and therefore must possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills. This position must be able to handle stressful, urgent, novel and adverse work situations on a daily basis. Emotional stability and personal maturity are important attributes in this position.
ENVIRONMENTAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
This position will work in a typical office setting with daily exposure to outdoor environment including heat, cold, damp, rain and snow when touring the community. This position will be often called upon to work long hours and odd schedules which will include weekends. Position requires dependable transportation and means of contact at all times.