With its broad roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, Cordless, East West, Elektra, Nonesuch, Reprise, Rhino, Roadrunner, Rykodisc, Sire, Warner Bros. and Word, as well as Warner/Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers, with a catalog of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
High Level Job Description:
Job responsibilities include (but are not limited to) assisting in contract drafting of employment and separation agreements and providing administrative support for the Employment legal team.
Under the supervision of an attorney, draft, revise and finalize various employment-related agreements and other documents. Act as document gatekeeper for all legal documents within the Employment legal team and ensure that all documents are accurately filed and updated electronically. Familiarity with Microsoft Office and electronic document management systems ( e.g. , eDocs, iManage) is critical.
Provide administrative support for a busy team in a fast-paced environment. Must be able to prioritize and multi-task. Prepare and compose written correspondences, emails, reports or any other documents, etc., Resolve routine inquiries from internal departments as necessary. Ability to handle confidential matters appropriately and with discretion.
Detailed Job Description/ Responsibilities:
- Draft, revise and finalize various contracts (including basic and more complex employment/separation agreements) and other documents
- Respond on a timely basis to inquiries from senior executives, HR group and outside counsel on various issues related to employment/separation agreements
- Responsible for obtaining the necessary approvals for contracts and liaising with outside counsel and internal business units/counsel in contract negotiations
- Act as document gatekeeper for all Employment legal documents, which includes ensuring document consistency and accuracy across all templates and forms
- Maintain filings systems (both hard-copy and electronic), including scanning of documents into database and handling of executed contract copies
- Update and maintain employment contract status sheet and prepare weekly status updates for team meetings
- Provide administrative and office support activities for Employment legal team including: answering phones, direct calls and taking messages; coordinating calendars & scheduling, business travel, conference calls; photocopying/create PDFs; processing and tracking of T&E expenses, packages, messengers, payment invoices (including the seeking of necessary approvals)
Required Competencies/Skills :
- Prepare all correspondence (memos, emails, letters) as required
- Lead and coordinate any special projects as required
- Experience and background in contract drafting
- Excellent general computer skills, including working knowledge of Microsoft Office ( e.g., Outlook and Calendar, Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Adobe and document management systems ( e.g. , eDocs, iManage, etc.)
- Accurate filing and maintenance of documents (both hard-copy and electronically)
- Experience handling and managing large projects simultaneously
- Excellent inter-personal skills – and ability to effectively communicate and interact with senior executives and various levels of management
- Excellent organization and execution skills and ability to multi-task by prioritizing and tracking multiple projects and deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Ability to pay close attention to detail
- Works independently, takes initiative and is proactive
- Team player that enjoys working with a wide variety of people and can work effectively both independently and in groups
- Ability to handle confidential matters appropriately and with discretion
Overtime may be required occasionally; previous contract drafting experience
Education Required :
Bachelor’s degree with 1-2 years of relevant professional experience.
Paralegal certification (from ABA accredited school) a plus
Our Company is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national Origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, familial status, military or veteran status, or any other legal recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws and the Company complies with all applicable reasonable accommodation requirements which such laws may require. Accordingly, please inform the Company’s Human Resources representative if you need an accommodation in order for you to complete any employment application-related forms or otherwise to participate in the application or selection process for the position for which you are applying. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity and will enable applicants to participate in the application and selection process and for employees to perform the essential functions of their jobs without imposing undue hardship on our Company. The Company also will make reasonable accommodations to an applicants or employee’s religious beliefs and practices as may be required by law, unless an undue hardship would result.
Copyright © 2011 Warner Music Inc.
Warner Music Group - 13 months ago