With its broad roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, Cordless, East West, Elektra, Nonesuch, Reprise, Rhino, Roadrunner, Rykodisc, Sire, Warner Bros. and Word, as well as Warner/Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers, with a catalog of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
Department Description: WMG Litigation Responsible for the management of all litigation matters; provide advice and counsel on day- to- day issues of legal risk, policy development and compliance with applicable laws.
High Level Job Description: Assists VP, Litigation with the management of litigation matters. Responsible for invoice processing for the Legal Department. Under the supervision of an attorney, responds to subpoenas and garnishments. Independently participates and/or works with a team on special projects, as needed. Knowledge of basic legal concepts including contract, copyright and trademark law is useful for this position.
Detailed Job Description/ Responsibilities:
Under the supervision of an attorney and/or in consultation with legal counsel performs the following:
- Assist as needed in managing litigations and legal claims.
- Review and analyze subpoenas and garnishments. Draft responses under the supervision of an attorney.
- Manage legal hold process.
- Manage invoice processing for the Legal Department.
- Involvement in issues/projects periodically as requested by VP, Litigation.
- Support and assist in department initiatives.
- Provide administrative assistance to the VP, Litigation, including scheduling and filing.
- At least 2+ years of experience at a law firm or in-house legal department.
- Understanding of the business
- Experience handling and managing large projects at times
- Excellent organization and execution skills and ability to track multiple projects and deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Team player that enjoys working with a wide variety of people and who can work effectively both independently and in groups
- Someone who conducts himself or herself in the highest ethical manner
- Excellent time management skills
- Good analytical skills
- Ability to pay close attention to detail
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Exhibits highest level of Professionalism
- Ability to effectively communicate and interact with senior executives of company and various levels of management
- Ability to handle confidential matters with discretion and judgment
- Bachelor’s degree required
Our Company is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national Origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, familial status, military or veteran status, or any other legal recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws and the Company complies with all applicable reasonable accommodation requirements which such laws may require. Accordingly, please inform the Company’s Human Resources representative if you need an accommodation in order for you to complete any employment application-related forms or otherwise to participate in the application or selection process for the position for which you are applying. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity and will enable applicants to participate in the application and selection process and for employees to perform the essential functions of their jobs without imposing undue hardship on our Company. The Company also will make reasonable accommodations to an applicants or employee’s religious beliefs and practices as may be required by law, unless an undue hardship would result.
Copyright © 2011 Warner Music Inc.
Warner Music Group - 6 months ago