The position of Legal Counsel is a part-time opportunity ( 20 hours per week).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide legal support for the Labor/Employment needs of a global company.
- Prepare legal documents, including separation agreements, policies, incentive plans, legal memos, responses to charges of discrimination, and employment agreements.
- Provide counsel to human resources and managers on Labor/Employment matters, including employee relations, recruiting and hiring, harassment and discrimination, policies, leaves of absence, disability accommodations, government audits, reductions in force, wage and hour matters, and non-competition agreements.
- Proactively monitor and advise business on labor and employment laws across the U.S. and globally.
- Minimal oversight of litigation and outside counsel.
- Junior attorney with 4-6 years experience practicing labor and employment law.
- Will report to Assistant GC for labor and employment.
- Position requires strong counseling and advice skills, broad knowledge of federal and state employment laws, ability to prepare and present training, knowledge of online research tools, and the ability to address legal issues proactively.
- Candidate must be able to work independently in a team oriented culture.
- Strong oral and written communication skills are essential. Candidate must be comfortable interfacing directly with managers and department leaders.
- Must have a law degree from an accredited law school and be licensed to practice law in the State of Texas or become licensed in Texas within one year.
- This is an ongoing part-time position for approximately 20 hours per week in the company’s Plano, Texas headquarters office.
Compensation and Benefits
- Prior in-house experience preferred; international experience a plus.
Siemens provides a flexible benefit program that is carefully designed to support your health, your financial security and your work-life balance. The variety of benefits and amenities available, in addition to pay, provides you a total package.
About Siemens PLM Software
Siemens PLM Software is a global leader in the growing field of product lifecycle management ( PLM) software and services. Today, Siemens PLM Software products manage or create more than 40 percent of the world's 3D data.
We are a team, collaborating with clients to transform their innovation processes and fully leverage PLM. Our culture encourages creativity, welcomes fresh thinking and focuses on growth, so our people, our business and our clients can achieve full potential. For more information please visit Siemens PLM Software on the Web.
Siemens PLM Software is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V
Siemens PLM Software does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiting agencies.
Siemens PLM Software - 15 months ago