In the role of Legal Officer, you will provide professional legal support and assistance in the areas of non-malpractice "open assignments" and miscellaneous legal inquiries and requests. Attends and monitors litigation events (depositions, trials, hearings, etc.) and organizes and analyzes related information. Performs research and analysis on a variety of legal issues, and creates and executes routine legal documents and correspondence.
Additional Summary Specific to Job
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Researches issues related to higher education law, health law and other areas of law.
- Drafts legal documents and correspondence.
- Provides legal advice in connection with student disciplinary incidents.
- Monitors litigation events; organizes and analyzes related information.
- Assists and/or performs research on a variety of issues involving higher education law, health law and numerous other area of law in response to requests and claims.
- Serves as support in drafting and executing legal documents by creating preliminary drafts of legal documents and correspondence; identifies the legal and quasi-legal and factual questions that may merit research; and creates and executes final drafts of more routine legal documents and correspondence.
- Assists and/or handles the coordination and drafting of responses to external charges or demands.
- Provides legal advice in connection with any student disciplinary incident; serves as information resource for staff and officials with regard to pending, recent or historical legislative actions.
- Attends/monitor litigation events and organizes and analyzes related information.
- Identifies, compiles, organizes and performs some analysis of large quantities of information based on 'legal value' and for establishing and monitoring internal communication.
Licensed by the State Bar of Texas
Juris Doctorate (J.D) degree from an accredited law school.
None with required education.
UT Health Science Center at Houston - 11 months ago