Butler Snow, a multi-office, regional law firm, is seeking to fill a Litigation Legal Secretary position in our Nashville, TN office. This is a full time position with a competitive salary, benefits and great in-house training opportunities.
This position works within a team environment to support 3-4 corporate litigation attorneys with:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Preparation and revision of correspondence, memoranda and legal documents;
- E-filing with various court systems;
- maintenance of electronic document management system;
- maintenance of Outlook calendars, if needed;
- entry of daily time, if needed;
- the preparation of practice group and individual annual budgets;
- reimbursements and check requests, if needed; and
- other duties as assigned.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Exceptional interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with diverse groups of legal and support staff on confidential and sensitive firm matters
• Willingness to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented and continuous learning environment
• Superior technology skills – proficiency with Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel and Outlook); experience with iManage and Aderant a plus
• Ability to prioritize, organize and manage work load and to take the initiative in handling projects and anticipating what needs to be done
• Work collaboratively and cooperatively with others
• Requires a high degree of professionalism and the ability to exercise good judgment
MINIMUM AND PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
• High School diploma or equivalent required
• 3-5 years’ experience as legal secretary or other relevant experience in order to be familiar with court rules, procedures, calendaring requirements so as to be able to perform litigation and administrative duties in a professional services setting
Butler Snow - 15 months ago
Butler Snow is one of the largest law firms in the Mid-South. Recently celebrating its 50th anniversary, Butler Snow has been a leading...