The Multifamily Housing Practice Group represents lenders active in the multifamily housing industry, closing loans secured by multifamily projects and delivering those loans to secondary market investors.
The Secretary provides high level support to multiple attorneys in the Multifamily Housing Practice Group, including the revision of complex loan documents to complete loan transactions following detailed and precise instructions from the attorneys and appropriate lenders.
The Ideal Candidate:
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office.
• Must be self-motivated and able to work independently, anticipating preparations prior to completion of deals in order to meet mandatory deadlines.
• Work at a high level of efficiency and multi-task with large volume of work and remain calm under pressure, meeting demanding deadlines
• Must have outstanding organizational skills.
• Must have flexibility to work frequent overtime.
• Must be dependable and have a strong work ethic.
• Ability to learn Practice Group specific software and follow complex instructions.
• Demonstrates a willingness to learn and develop skills.
• Demonstrates a “can do” attitude and initiative.
• Demonstrates good communication skills with the ability to work professionally with lawyers, staff, and clients.
• Demonstrates the ability to work within a team environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Answers phones promptly and efficiently, answers inquiries as appropriate or directs callers to correct person/department.
• Coordinates projects in a proactive manner, collaborating with the firm's administrative departments to complete tasks efficiently and effectively.
• Makes business related travel and reservation arrangements and prepares expense reports; maintains calendar schedule and contact lists.
• Prioritizes and manages multiple projects simultaneously and follows through on issues in a timely manner with minimal supervision; takes appropriate actions to ensure obligations are met.
• Complete revisions for full sets of loan documents to close loan transactions, following detailed and precise instructions from the attorneys and appropriate lenders.
• Responsible for preparing black line document comparisons to identify revisions.
• Responsible for preparing signature pages required in the loan documents.
• Responsible for preparing and assembling Expedited and ASAP delivery packages of final loan documents according to the precise requirements of Freddie Mac, Fannie Mae, and appropriate lenders.
• Collaborates with resources inside and outside the firm as appropriate to complete projects or tasks.
• Coding and entering attorney time data into the time and billing system.
• Prepares and submits attorneys expense reports.
• Must have excellent grammar, punctuation and proofreading skills as well as the ability to produce an accurate high volume work product with tight deadlines.
• Ability to work under pressure and deal with large volumes of filing and demanding deadlines.
• Additional duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience:
Five years or more preferred experience working in a law firm environment/real estate experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the essential duties of the position.
The statements contained in this position description are not necessarily all-inclusive, additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned and requirements may vary from time to time.
If interested in applying for this opportunity, please click “apply online” at the end of this page. EOE
Troutman Sanders LLP - 19 months ago
Troutman Sanders LLP is one of Atlanta's largest law firms, has more than 40 attorneys dedicated to health care and/or employee benefits...