Solid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities.
That's Travelers. Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers - and opportunities for our employees. You will find Travelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.
Provides moderately complex legal secretarial and administrative support services of a responsible and confidential nature to attorneys in the Corporate Legal department, and other lawyers on a backup basis when the need arises. Exercises considerable discretion and independent judgment with various assignments and projects.
- Performs all administrative support for assigned attorneys including: maintaining calendars, booking travel, transcribing, typing, drafting basic correspondence and other tasks as necessary.
- Assists in office administration by establishing files, communicating with internal clients involved in litigation, and maintaining office systems.
- Complex scheduling typically involving both internal clients and occasionally external law firms. Coordinates scheduling for meetings/events and travel planning.
- Prepares and submits expense accounts and other types of litigation fees and expenses. Manages and tracks/reports actual expenses relating to, among other services, retention of outside counsel.
- Frequent internal and external contact. This may involve interaction with all levels of management within the company, as well as with outside law firms. Also may include interaction with difficult callers, requiring diffusing initial concerns or complaints.
- Maintain, organize and index all case files for attorneys. File correspondence, pleadings, and other documentation.
- Establish and maintain investment transaction files, review binders and metrics reporting charts and reports.
- High School Diploma or its equivalent required. Specialized training/core college courses or Certified Professional Secretary or Legal Secretary designation preferred.
- Minimum of 5+ years experience as a legal secretary/administrative assistant in a law office/legal department preferred.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We actively promote a drug-free workplace.
- Must have legal secretarial skills as are normally acquired through completion of a legal secretary training course or its equivalent, including knowledge of law office procedures, grammar, spelling, typing, analytical skills, and written and oral communications skills.
- Must use appropriate grammar in speech and writing. Must have knowledge of spelling, typing, law office procedures, legal and insurance terminology, legal correspondence and pleading formats.
- Must practice appropriate office etiquette and have sufficient interpersonal skills to communicate with other attorneys and their secretaries, internal clients, witnesses and outside vendors.
- Must be able to maintain composure and professionalism under pressure.
- Must be aware of importance of maintaining strict confidentiality.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Advanced word processing skills (typing minimum 60 wpm).
- Knowledge of the following systems preferred: MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, Adobe Professional
- Familiar with the usage of a case management system and other software applications.
- Ability to operate business machines such as photocopy and scanning equipment.
- Position requires physical activity including but not limited to bending, stooping, repetitive motion, and lifting of up to 20 pounds
Job Category : Legal
Travelers - 12 months ago
Carlson Wagonlit Travel (CWT) is a global leader specializing in business travel management.
CWT is dedicated to helping companies of all...