Download: Outreach Coodinator.pdf
Al-Quds Bard (AQB) seeks a Liaison/Coordinator for Outreach Initiatives for its Master of Arts in Teaching (MAT) Program in Abu Dis. The Liaison/Coordinator will coordinate and organize all MAT work as it relates to collaborations with the Ministry of Education, Palestinian universities and schools and education reform parters.
AQB is a partnership of Al-Quds University and Bard College, which offers graduate and undergraduate dual-degree programs based on the liberal arts model of education. The MAT Program is committed to rigorous graduate training in biology, English, history, general science and mathematics; intense involvement in high school/middle school classrooms; partnerships for educational change with participant schools; and a re-conceptualized education curriculum. The MAT Program works with the Ministry of Education, MAT faculty, and faculty from other Palestinian universities to examine current models of teacher education with the goal of promoting initiatives that will shift the emphasis of teacher education towards a model of clinical practice. The MAT will provide consultative services to universities advancing changes in teacher education to develop MAT-type programs throughout the West Bank. In implementing MAT outreach initiatives and increasing the MAT’s visibility in the education community, the Liaison/Coordinator will
· Develop partnerships with reform actors in the education sector, including the MOE, World Bank, UN agencies, AMIDEAST and other relevant NGOs
· Organize and facilitate planning meetings, workshops and conferences of reform partners and coordinate and conduct frequent visits to partner schools and universities
· Develop and coordinate the implementation of a detailed work-plan for outreach activities, to include school-based in-service professional development for MAT students.
· Provide logistic support necessary for the conduct of outreach work.
· Maintain open lines of communication with MAT faculty and staff to ensure effective program delivery.
· Document activities, maintain a repository of program outputs and resources, maintain clear and organized data, and contribute to reporting in keeping with program guidelines and donor requirements.
· Bachelor's degree in education or relevant field
• Experience working in the Palestinian public education system and familiarity with education reform initiatives
• Precise attention to detail, organizational skills, and ability to meet firm deadlines
• Excellent written and spoken English and Arabic
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs.
Interested applicants should email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com . Bard College is an equal opportunity employer.
Bard College - 2 years ago