Provides customer service and performs a variety of clerical tasks to support library operations as well as other duties exclusive to the branch. Primary focus is on teen programming.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Developing, implementing, evaluating, and publicizing programs of interest to adults and tweens/teens including programs at the library, outreach locations, local schools and other non-traditional settings to meet community needs;
• Assisting customers in performing reference searches, selecting and locating materials, and providing reader’s advisory services;
• Providing basic computer instruction and assistance to public PC users;
• Compiling, tabulating, and reporting monthly statistics.
Requirements & Qualifications:
• Knowledge of classic and contemporary literature for young adults, and reference materials;
• Bachelor’s degree and Act 33/34 clearances;
• Ability to provide quality customer service, both in person and over the phone;
• Familiarity with online catalog, Windows and MS Office, electronic databases, and internet searching;
• Energetic, dynamic, highly organized, self-motivated, and possess strong leadership skills;
• Ability to work as part of a team; manage assignments and responsibilities effectively under conditions of a small branch;
• Ability to accurately and consistently apply policies and procedures;
• Knowledge of current technologies and electronic resources; including Windows operating system
• Ability to take direction and work both independently and as part of a team;
Work Hours : 37.5 hours per week, including days, evenings and weekends.
Salary: $14.36 per hour
How to Apply: Interested applicants should apply online by February 14, 2013
Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh - 2 years ago