Assists library patrons with library materials, checks materials in and out, orders materials for patrons and keeps materials orderly in the library. May be required to assist in working with Friends of the Library membership, scheduling meeting room, processing memorial donations, and ordering supplies for the library.|
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
This information is intended to be descriptive of the principle duties and responsibilities of the position. The following examples do not identify all duties performed by any single incumbent.
1. Assists patrons by checking books in and out, orders materials from other sources, assigns library cards, collects fees, maintains accounts and provides information as needed. Assists in processing memorial donations and in coordinating booking of the Library meeting room. Assists in maintaining supply inventory and ordering supplies for the library.
2. Maintains library materials by checking in dropped off items, sorts’ items on book carts and on shelves, re-shelves items and cleans materials.
3. Assists in the interlibrary loan department by ordering, receiving and returning materials for patrons. Maintains files.
4. Assists in compiling, printing, sorting, and distributing notices to patrons with overdue, lost or damaged library items.
5. Assists in maintaining records of periodicals received, not received, or missing from the collection. Also assists in withdrawing deleted periodicals.
6. Assists in collecting and compiling statistics for circulation division reports by entering data in spreadsheets. Assists in creating and maintaining necessary databases for Friends of the Library.
7. Performs other duties by conducting opening and closing procedures, and performing overdue searches.
8. Performs other duties as may be assigned.
CITY OF KERRVILLE APPLICATION NEEDED; RESUMES ARE CONSIDERED ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ONLY. SEE KERRVILLETX.GOV EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES TO OBTAIN AN APPLICATION OR AVAILABLE IN KERRVILLE CITY HALL LOBBY.
Texas Municipal League - 13 months ago
copy to clipboard