Stony Brook University, home to many highly ranked graduate research programs, is located 60 miles from New York City on Long Island's scenic North Shore. Our 1,100-acre campus is home to 24,000 undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral students and more than 13,500 faculty and staff. The University is a member of the prestigious Association of American Universities and co-manager of nearby Brookhaven National Laboratory, a multidisciplinary research laboratory supporting world class scientific programs utilizing state-of-the-art facilities. Stony Brook Medicine is Suffolk County's only academic medical center and tertiary care provider. Many opportunities exist for collaborative research, and in some cases, joint appointments with BNL or with Medical School departments,
Or 70.1 applicants are encouraged to apply. If you are currently a Calculations Clerk II, Clerk II, Stores Clerk II, Keyboard Specialist 2, Information Processing Specialist II, Senior Data Entry Machine Operator, Data Processing Clerk II, you are encouraged to apply. You must have one year of permanent service in one of these titles.
Descriptive Title: Library Clerk 2
Budget Title: same as above
State Classified Position
State Line#: 21418
Campus: Stony Brook West Campus/HSC
Status: Contingent Permanent
Required Qualifications: Per Civil Service Standards and Specifications. Must have taken and passed the required Library Clerk II State Civil Service exam and be reachable on the appropriate current Civil Service list.
Brief Description of Duties: This position is of vital importance to the operation of the Math/Physics/Astronomy Library. This position is responsible to supervise an employee and 10-15 student staff for all basic operations of the Library such as opening and closing according to schedule, patron service, circulation, shelving books, prepare reserve materials for courses, facility maintenance, and security of the site.
- Oversees daily operations of the Library, including facilities and materials.
- Supervises, trains, and assists in the evaluation of employees to do journal binding, circulation, ILL requests and other Library routine activities.
- Selects, trains, schedules, and supervises Student Assistants.
- Oversee the processing of new and reserve books, and sends orders for materials requested by faculty member of three departments, ie. Mathematics, Applied Mathematics and Statistics, and Physics and Astronomy.
- Prepares monthly statistics of circulation, traffic, reference questions, new books, inter-library loans, etc.
- Assists in the management of other branches of libraries when needed.
Other Duties: Special projects as assigned by the Librarian.
Special Notes: This is a full time position, 37.5 hours per week, Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Internal and external search to occur simultaneously. FLSA Nonexempt position, eligible for the overtime provisions of the FLSA.
The selected candidate must successfully clear a background investigation.
Stony Brook University - 10 months ago