Pay Grade: $10.42 per hour, FLSA non-exempt, Union represented.
Schedule: Two (2) fifteen (15) hour per week positions on a regular schedule to be determined at time of hire. Must be able to work evenings and weekends, substitute for other staff, and attend meetings.
Application Requirements: In addition to completing the application, please also include a resume. Apply through this site no later than 8 a.m. on Tuesday, September 24, 2013.
Performs a variety of library support tasks for the Pierce County Library System; processes library materials; assists in organizing and maintaining assigned branch collections; and performs other related duties as assigned.
Reports to an Assistant Branch Supervisor or Community Branch Supervisor; no supervisory responsibility is exercised.
Class specifications are intended to provide a descriptive list of the range of duties performed by employees in the class. Specifications are not intended to reflect all duties performed within the job.
- Delivers high-quality, customer-focused services.
- Sorts and checks in returned library materials; identifies damaged items.
- Monitors and empties book drops; unloads book bins and/or daily deliveries.
- Processes rotating library materials and holds.
- Organizes and shelves materials; performs shelf reading.
- Picks up discarded materials in public areas and returns to appropriate shelves.
- Evaluates and performs routine cleaning and mending of collection materials.
- Receives and unloads materials donated to the Library by customers.
- Responds to basic customer inquiries and/or refers questions to appropriate personnel.
- Provides assistance to Senior Branch Assistants, including answering incoming calls.
- Assists in organizing furniture and preparing materials for meetings and special programs.
- Demonstrates punctuality and regular and consistent attendance.
- Brings matters of public concern regarding waste, inefficiency, corruption, discrimination, and safety to the attention of Library Management.
- Accurately communicates the Library’s policies to members of the public in all job-related contacts.
- Interprets and explains the Library’s policies and procedures; resolves customers’ concerns and requests.
- Positively reflects Pierce County Library’s mission, vision, and values to members of the public and to staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
Required Knowledge of:
- Customer service standards and protocols.
- General office practices and equipment.
- Computers and Windows-based software.
Required Skill in:
- Performing a variety of library support functions.
- Processing, sorting, and shelving library materials.
- Assisting in maintaining branch collection items.
- Responding to and/or referring basic library-related inquiries from the public.
- Any combination of education and experience which allows successful performance of the job.
Licenses, Certifications, and Special Requirements:
- Must pass local police and Washington State Adult/Child Abuse records check prior to hire.
- The ability to work evenings and weekends on a rotating schedule and to adapt to schedule changes on short notice is required.
Working Environment and Physical Requirements:
- Work is performed in a public library environment.
- Subject to standing for extended periods of time, walking, bending, reaching, climbing ladders/stepstools, and lifting of objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to lift and carry library materials and push/pull loaded carts.
- Sick Leave
- Employee Assistance Program
Internet access to services of Pierce County Library System, in Pierce County, WA. Access library services, our library catalog and news...